Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dual plane or single plane manifold?

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
hey all i have already bought my manifold from torque power it is a low rise dual plane after being told that it is what will suit my car best by 2 people., i went to go see the dude at the peformance shop to book my car in an he said i should of went the single plane over the dual plane to suit my car and that dual plane was better of for carby engines. he says i will be loosing power at high revs but good low range.

Is he right? He hadnt actually herd of a Torque Power manifold b4 or seen 1 i think he was reffering to a Harrop style single/dual plane.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Whats done to the engine?

Edit: Just had a look at your ride thread, i reckon with those mods the Dual Plane will be fine.....Dual Plane high rise would be ideal, but as far as i know they won't fit under a Commodore bonnet. Single plain will be overkill for a street car, i'd stick with the dual plane!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The dual hise rise has running like 2 inches in area wayyy too big for a 304 it even too big for a mild stroker, the car will be faster with the tp dual plane low rise than any other production manifold you can get for the 304 have the faith man :), No use having 5 extra rwkw with a single plane on the top end when you are down 50 nm of torque everywhere else

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
From what I've read, single plane manifolds are for track cars that operate between 5000-8000rpm all day. :)

... and dyno queens. :p

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Ive just built a 355 stroker and im lookin at changing manifolds. i was thinkin the tp dual plane high rise. should i go for the low rise as well Foamy or stick with the high rise?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Depends how good your combo is. If you call up and ask Craig from TP about it and tell him your combo he will tell you which is the better choice. VQ Rat is using the high rise on his but that's a pretty serious combo, large solid cam etc. Benny has a 286 cammed 355 and he's on the low rise if that give you an idea, Predatr is also on a 286/355 low rise set up

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Cool, basically big combo-high rise, small combo-low rise.
Thanx for that