Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual Sub question

Timboy

Never been pulled over!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
So long story short (I'm gonna throw my query in here to make sure I don't start a new thread), I could run twin 12" type s alpines off a monoblock amp?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So long story short (I'm gonna throw my query in here to make sure I don't start a new thread), I could run twin 12" type s alpines off a monoblock amp?

Yes, you can, but you will need to find out the impedance levels of the amp, to determine the wiring configuration of the subs.

Timboy

Never been pulled over!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
Impedance?

I'm running a cadence 1000w max and wanna power 2x12" Alpine Type S subs which are 350w each i think. Not sure if that's rms or max, but i'll check after I pick em up. If I get them and need a more powerful amp, I'll go buy one, but hoping that I don't have to do that :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If you give me the exact model number of the amp, i can draw you up a wiring diagram of how you will need to do it.

Timboy

Never been pulled over!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
FXA 1500 I think.

Type S Alpine's, not sure exactly power or anything cause I don't have them yet :p

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Yes, you can, but you will need to find out the impedance levels of the amp, to determine the wiring configuration of the subs.

Yep, they are 300wrms each.. DVC 4ohm i think they are, 90% sure

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yep, they are 300wrms each.. DVC 4ohm i think they are, 90% sure

From memory their are 2 different versions, dual 4 ohm, and dual 2 ohm, just like the type R's.Op your gonna need to find out which version you have.
At best, your amp puts out 500 rms @ 2 ohm.So yes you will be able to run them, though they will be slightly underpowered, so just be cautious

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Sorry to double post,

SPECIFICATIONS:

•4 Ohm RMS Power: 1 x 300 Watts @ 13.8 Volts
•2 Ohm RMS Power: 1 x 500 Watts @ 13.8 Volts
•Frequency Response: 20Hz - 300Hz
•S/N Ratio: >100 db
•Damping Factor: >200 @ 100Hz
•Minimum THD: <0.05%
•Dimensions: 13" x 11" x 2.75"

There are the amp specs. I'll try find more info on the Type 'S' subs but the impendance may be an issue here

Chlippry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore S Pack VYII 2004
personally i think your better running just one amp, and one sub. ive got a 2000wat 800rms 12" in my boot, with an OA monoblock amp, and it kicks harder than my mates car, with 3 subs, and individual amps.

thats just my 2 cents. but if your looking for symertrical looks, as listed about, maybe 2 subs is the way to go... however, you could centralise the one sub ahaha.. too many options