Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dud VT Maybe??

Dánsvt10304

Nate10304
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT berlina
Just want other opinions me and my mate both own 98 VTs both v6s both the same amount of work done to them both have 240k-ish on em

My mates isn't lowered and is identical in every way to mine
we have a straight bit of road that everyone in town drags down and what not my car from the 80 sign to the end of the road which is about 800 mtrs to 1k -ish my VT will only hit 140-145 MAX my mates will do a easy 160-170K.

Also at the end of the road is a cul de sac hes car he can have hes foot on the break give it a boot for and it will start a burn out mine wont it will only sit there and its arse end will bob from IRS.

hes jumped in my car and its deff not my driving

any ideas on what it could be?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Might help if you share what you have done so far. Have you tried basic maintenance eg oil+filter, air and fuel filter, injectors cleaned, maf cleaned etc. Have you had the auto serviced? What fuel types are you both using? (Many people say all fuel is the same. That has not been my experience.) Is there any rough running or are you just down on power?

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
torque convertor fked or something ?

Dánsvt10304

Nate10304
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT berlina
Might help if you share what you have done so far. Have you tried basic maintenance eg oil+filter, air and fuel filter, injectors cleaned, maf cleaned etc. Have you had the auto serviced? What fuel types are you both using? (Many people say all fuel is the same. That has not been my experience.) Is there any rough running or are you just down on power?

WE both running stock everythings besides K&N Cold air intakes high flow cats and 2'' sports zorsts both our cars have oil changed in engine and auto every two seconds pretty much
both using vortex 95 from caltex and i agree i think vortex is a hell of alot better then standard unleaded,nope car runs fun

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
race your mate down that strip and see how you go and when he starts pulling away?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
you need to flat foot it mate, no point only going halfway. That there is your problem.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
WE both running stock everythings besides K&N Cold air intakes

Do you clean your MAF regularly? I take mine apart every couple of months and clean the wires very carefully with a cotton bud and CRC electrical cleaner. If you dont clean it and you over oil your K&N filter the oil can coat the MAF wires and give false airflow readings causing your engine to run lean. Before I cleaned it the first time my car was running like balls

Dánsvt10304

Nate10304
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT berlina
you need to flat foot it mate, no point only going halfway. That there is your problem.

Haha no worries there mate shes punched to the floor and sadly in "power mode" whiiiiich dosnt make any difference really