Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
bout 20 mins ago, i locked my keys into the boot of my VN with no spare, with the car open, i cannot open it, cause theres a gas tank across the rear of the boot, i have no speakers in the rear shelf, and no mates with a VN key :(

isnt there a boot popper in your glove box?

vp_commodore_mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
i was changing front door on my VN commy wagon and i was tapping the pins back in i didnt realise that my brother moved his head to just over my shoulder and bang i knocked half a tooth out of his mouth

Acclaimed VS

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
bout 20 mins ago, i locked my keys into the boot of my VN with no spare, with the car open, i cannot open it, cause theres a gas tank across the rear of the boot, i have no speakers in the rear shelf, and no mates with a VN key :(

lol I've done this... gotta love Free to go Racq took the guy all of 5 seconds to break inot my car for me....... I should really invest in a spare:doh:

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
A few months ago I had a Head-unit installed and also replaced the hole centre console fascia in my vy.

All of this was done at my cousins house, that afternoon around 6 I decided to head home. As I leave car starts smoothly and head unit works a treat! I get about 2 k's up the road from my cousins only to realise my blinkers wouldn't work?

I was like stuff this, I'm not driving for an hour and its getting dark without blinkers.
I get back to my cousins and we had no idea what was wrong, we just presumed we screwed something electrical up in regards to the head unit install, we checked fuses and everything. (I was panacking as I had just bought the car off my dad and he warned me not to puk it up).

So after about 3 hours of moping around I decide to remove the centre console just to check I didn't screw anything up only to notice I forgot to plug the hazard lights button back in. :idea3: Without that button plugged in the blinkers circuit isn't complete.

So annoying, as I wasted so much time over such a stupid thing.

EDIT: Ahh, just remembered, Due to my cousins high brain cell count, I also scored a screw driver down my fuel tank about 2 weeks after this. He was trying to put fuel into my car as he borrowed it for the weekend.

Lano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 1
do tell....

Long story really, really short (with all the backstory skipped):

She was doing a U-turn after dropping people home from Cruise when she got lost and got out of the car to look at street numbers and names. Noticed the car was rolling, tried to jump in and hit the brakes, but didn't manage it in time (and was bloody lucky the car was rolling backwards so the door ripped open, instead of rolling forwards where the door would crush her!).
She then called her old man, then waited at the end of the street pretending that the car didn't belong to her..... He scared the crap out of her when he pulled up beside her!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
next one for the day :) i was trying to undo the top bolt of a cars seatbelt (the shoulder bit) was sitting directly behind it, quite close and cos' it was really tight i was putting a LOT of force into it...

bolt comes loose suddenly, i punched myself HARD in the face cause a nose bleed and the ratchet got me on the top of the head.

the most stupid bit is a few weeks after i did it, i did it agin with a hammer, got myself square in the nose... same bolt, was trying to hit the ratchet with the hammer, missed and smashed my face instead.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How many people have wacked them selfs in the face trying to get a steering wheel off?

I have - so the count starts at 1....