Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
couple of days ago the speedo stoped working in my VN so i checked error codes and code 24 came up (vehicle speed sensor) so i got under the car and unbolted the speed sensor in the side of the auto trans and jiggled it out, i dident know there was trans fluid beheind it, so i droped 5L or so of trans fluid all over the road and on myslef

Duhhh... Whoops... lol
I've done the same:hmmm:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
woot! some new posts which means i can go on flooding this thread :D

anyway, i was in the middle of complying a skyline which involved stripping the interior down to the shell. my workmate needed to get the car out which was in front of the car i was working on.

"no worries" i say cos' we drove cars all the time with no seats/carpet/trims etc, you kinda get used to it.

anyway, this skyline was heavily modded and had a stiff as f.. racing clutch, so easy.... easy.... easy... reversed out the driveway onto the road, put it in 2nd (cos racing clutches start better in 2nd) gave it some revs to ride her out, the clutch sprang back so hard it PUSHED me off it and the steering wheel, i was thrown to the back of the car as it shot off at a million miles an hour straight down this road with parked cars and heavy traffic.

i had to scramble back up from the back seat to the front of the car to knock it back into neutral and use the handbrake to stop... took me about 50 meters to come to a stop, which involved the rear wheels locking up and me leaving brown stains in my pants.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

william-940

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I was working on a honda that was on a lift doing the breaks. I cable tied the caliper to the coil spring and before i could do anything the cable tie broke and the caliper hit me in the face.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well i just electricuted myself about 5 minutes ago, hence me going inside to recover.

engine running, positive lead falls off the battery. i decide to grab the lead (which has the coil + wire attached to it) while holding the radiator to stop water coming out the over flow, grab the positive lead. ZAP!!!

ow.

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
Was installing amp and sub today and because my sub is in a 2 sub box and hard to reach from outside boot I was sitting inside the boot wiring it all up, then the boot closed so I was locked in until mum came aahah

ibt18u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina 5spd wagon black
a mate of mine has a torana fresh 330 stroker with a haltch and took it for itto get tuned and left it at the work shop the uneer had problems saving maps altering maps and soon enough actully getting in the onlne mode of the bloody thing after like a fourghtnight of pissing about in vain took the haltech bak to haltech themselfs said wat was happening and they said yeah we had a bunch of faulty chip components come though a wile ago ill be back in a sec.he comes back and says all done no worries all good.5 min is all it takes lol