Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

trent d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
Drove over the top of my car ramps the first time I used them

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Sitting at home bored one day and thought I'll bolt I'm sub down, made some brackets and went out to car. Started drilling into the boot floor. Didn't finish the job only had the holes drilled. Later that night I jumped in car to go to the shop and there was I strong fuel odour in the car, popped the boot and the odour took the air. Stay out of me, smelt so strong. Anyway I drilled straight into the fuel tank

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
the stupid thing i did was, taking the intake manifold off my vs statesman to clean it all out... anyway it was getting a bit late so i thought id stop for the night and coz it was a shared carport i locked the car and closed the bonnet.... went back to it in the morning and the car wouldnt unlock (key didnt work in the door) and remembered that i disconnected the battery.... anyway after a couple hours trying to break in (never done it before), i decided to look around on here and seen that it could be unlocked with a spare battery and jumper leads running to the starter... probably an easier way but living in the middle of nowhere parts arent cheap...

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Seeing as theres a common theme here with auto's am i the only one who feels like a dumbass when you go to hit the clutch in an auto?

Sometimes I jumo in my commodore (auto) straight from my magna (manual), I always crap myself when I slam down on the brake pedal thinking its the clutch

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
smashed my head on the exhaust the other day getting under the car AND on the way out while putting my new billet shifter in....

Felt dumb... + walking around with a 2" red line across my forehead for the next day and a half didnt help :/

..shouldve waited til the exhaust cooled down.....

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
smashed my head on the exhaust the other day getting under the car AND on the way out while putting my new billet shifter in....

Felt dumb... + walking around with a 2" red line across my forehead for the next day and a half didnt help :/

..shouldve waited til the exhaust cooled down.....

Have you ever hit your head on something then as you pull your head away for what you just hit ( like knee jerk reaction ) hit your head again!! This is a sure way to throw me into a fit of rage.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Snapped a water pump bolt on my old merc and got it stuck in the block boy was that a bitch to get out.