Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dunlop DIREZZA DZ101 tires?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
has anyone tried "dunlop direzza DZ101" tires ? im just trying to see peoples opinions on these tires as i can get them at a relatively cheap price (special)

At the moment i have "falken ze912" on me Vs in 16 inch rims and they handle pretty dam good however im in need of 2 new tyres:whistling.

the falkens handle great in the wet and i have done 19 000 k's on them so far (backs look like 70 000 k's:whistling but the fronts have worn about half?, i just dont want to go backwards if i get the dunlop ones as in crap handling in wet and dry and tread noise, wear etc

just want opinions on these dunlop tires as i came across them while pricing 2 new falken tires

cheers

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
has anyone tried "dunlop direzza DZ101" tires ? im just trying to see peoples opinions on these tires as i can get them at a relatively cheap price (special)

At the moment i have "falken ze912" on me Vs in 16 inch rims and they handle pretty dam good however im in need of 2 new tyres:whistling.

the falkens handle great in the wet and i have done 19 000 k's on them so far (backs look like 70 000 k's:whistling but the fronts have worn about half?, i just dont want to go backwards if i get the dunlop ones as in crap handling in wet and dry and tread noise, wear etc

just want opinions on these dunlop tires as i came across them while pricing 2 new falken tires

cheers

Howdy i work for Beaurepaires,

The Direzza Tyres are really good, Softer compound Grip very very well, in wet and dry, only thing that lets them down they wear quickly because there such a soft compound,

My suggestion if you want a decent tyre that grips really well long lasting, Try Dunlop Sport 3000A
There a good long lasting tyre, handle awesome i had them on my car my dads car, handled great,

My dad has them in 17s and with IRS he got 62,000km out of a set, but he rotates them regularly, Makes sure his pressures are kept up so they were in good condition throughout there life......

All comes down to are you bothered about how long they last, i reckon in 16s with Direzzas you could get 35,000km ish if you kept em rotated balanced and good alignment with pressures always checked, Or closer to 50,000km on 3000A's

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride

The Direzza Tyres are really good, Softer compound Grip very very well, in wet and dry, only thing that lets them down they wear quickly because there such a soft compound,

My suggestion if you want a decent tyre that grips really well long lasting, Try Dunlop Sport 3000A
There a good long lasting tyre, handle awesome i had them on my car my dads car, handled great,

My dad has them in 17s and with IRS he got 62,000km out of a set, but he rotates them regularly, Makes sure his pressures are kept up so they were in good condition throughout there life......

All comes down to are you bothered about how long they last, i reckon in 16s with Direzzas you could get 35,000km ish if you kept em rotated balanced and good alignment with pressures always checked, Or closer to 50,000km on 3000A's

sweet..thanks for that mate:thumbsup:

out of the direzza'a and falken,s wat would you recomend?

cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
At the moment i have "falken ze912"
i just dont want to go backwards if i get the dunlop ones as in crap handling in wet and dry and tread noise, wear etc

Pretty hard to go backwards from falkens....

The direzza's are a pretty solid tyre.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Yeh Falkens are pretty crappy tyre man

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR

I agree with Hazza, if you want decent tyres, 3000A are the go. They grip really well in the wet :)

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
so the falken ones are pretty crap? or alright compared to dunlop///im confused:p

another reason why me rear tyres have worn weiredly is because when i went in for me service on teh tyres they put somewhere near 50 psi in then which i didn't know of at the time....then me being stupid went and spun them (belive it or not it was on me mates property) and it wore the middle of the tires down so now i have bald centers of the tires and the outer edged still have plenty on them....but i learn i guess...i learn that tyres are expensive.
cheers guys all appreciated too :thumbsup:

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty hard to go backwards from falkens....

The direzza's are a pretty solid tyre.

yeh they have saved me a fair few times in the wet compared to the other crappy tyres i had on there

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so the falken ones are pretty crap? or alright compared to dunlop///im confused:p

another reason why me rear tyres have worn weiredly is because when i went in for me service on teh tyres they put somewhere near 50 psi in then which i didn't know of at the time....then me being stupid went and spun them (belive it or not it was on me mates property) and it wore the middle of the tires down so now i have bald centers of the tires and the outer edged still have plenty on them....but i learn i guess...i learn that tyres are expensive.
cheers guys all appreciated too :thumbsup:

Falkens = crap, period :p As I said, its hard to go backwards when you start with falken, tyres like wanli, nangkang etc are the next step backward.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Falkens = crap, period :p As I said, its hard to go backwards when you start with falken, tyres like wanli, nangkang etc are the next step backward.

ah now i get ya:thumbsup: lol im dumb sometimes ;)

cheers