Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dunno if its just me, wierd thing...

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
i couldnt really explain it well in the title because its hard to put my finger on exactly what 'it' is. i just noticed today that my car seems like its lagging in the blue D (overdrive), as if ive got the handbrake slightly on, but i dont :ranting:

say im rolling at 60.. before this started i could keep rolling at 60 for as long as i wanted as long as i didnt hit a hill or ran out of road, straight roads i could roll forever. but tonight i thought id test this out again, seeing as i felt the car lagging. i got up to 60 like usual, took my foot off and just waited, within about 500metres i had slowed to 30 and it might just be me, but it seems a little odd... :whistling

my wheels are outta line so it may be that, im getting them re-aligned next week as it is so hopefully that fixes it. if anyone thinks its anything more serious, PLEASE say something, prevention is better than cure ;)

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Wheel alignment, as you said, and also tyre pressure. Give those a go.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't think you should be able to hold 60 km/h with no throttle!:) sounds like something wasn't right but now it's fixed

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hrmmm yeah i dunno man... tyre pressure is spot on, first thing i checked. yeah ill get my wheels re-aligned and see how that goes.

greenfoam: shouldnt i? :S i used to roll around town all day, hardly touched the throttle... (maybe my cars a special car made for rolling ;) :p )

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
because its in d it maybe not shifting 3rd when u reach 60 so if its still in 2nd it would so the car down a bit quicker

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
u know the blue d which is the top 1 is not overdrive the white 1 is cos overdrive is for extending out the gears so the white d has 3 gears which are held out longer and the blue d has 4 gears which is for best fuel economy

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
my manual says its the other way around it says use the blue D (overdrive) for city driving and the white one for highway driving and overtaking... :S

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
dont trust the manual. using overdrive in the city will cause more damage to your auto

vq statesy said:
u know the blue d which is the top 1 is not overdrive the white 1 is cos overdrive is for extending out the gears so the white d has 3 gears which are held out longer and the blue d has 4 gears which is for best fuel economy

wrong. blue D is overdrive. why cant people figure it out. Blue D means 4th gear, white D means 3rd. if this is so hard for people to work out, go get a gear selector out of a VS and put it in your VN/VP.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
vq statesy said:

Are you on drugs? bah, third is overdrive my arse it is. Third is 1:1 neither overdriven nor underdriven, but with the TC unlocked it's slightly underdriven. Fourth is 0.7:1, the only overdrive gear in the box. Like stocky I can't understand why people find it so hard to come to grips with the idea that white D and blue D are just holdens retarded way of saying 3rd and 4th. You can drive around the city with 4th locked out, but I've got no idea why you'd bother, the difference in fuel economy would be two tenths of **** all (if anything), I have a tendency to manually shift the damn thing anyway because I like using compression braking.