Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DVC Sub Wiring Question?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
stupid advice.

leave it as is with the coils in series, and the channels bridged.

it gives the sub the same power as if you wired 1 coil per channel, and means each channel is running at 4 ohm, which is perfectly fine, and well within the amps limits, meaning it should never overheat.

Expecting both voice coils to move at the same time when each being wired to a seperate channel is just ludicrous.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
All then care to explain how you would wire a DVC 4 ohm to a 4 ch amp rather than just saying yes it's ok...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
175W into each coil as in your second diagram.

Being separate channels means **** with the same signal (pretty much all subbass is the same on left & right channels). The magnetic force caused be the electrical signal just adds together anyway. If you want to be pedantic, you can join your left and right RCA so the signal becomes mono and then re-split it back to 2 channels to plug into your amp, but I wouldn't even bother.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Low fq's are not the same on left and right channels, music is not recorded this way. Each coil will be not sent the exact same signal.

WHYtheFACE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
You guys dont need to argue :p I'm probably going to get this sometime this week maybe (option audio street 600WRMS- $249) https://shop.1wow.com.au/productcar...-WRMS-MONOBLOCK-STREET-AMPLIFIER-24p16510.htm

Does anyone have any thought or suggestions of anything else around this price, heard a worker at straithfield say today OP amps were crap and they dont stock them anymore, because they were very unreliably and OP have terrible after sales support?

Also a bit worried about how small it is for a 600w mono block.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm a fan of OA, and i chose an OA amp to run my Boston SPZ's for 6 months and i never had any issues.

Most stores will tell you any crap about products they don't stock.