Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dvd player in vs?

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0
gdya guys i have a jvd deck whick plays dvd in my previous car i had a roof mount but i didnt like it much so i want to use a single din tft screen has anyone done this? it requires the deck to be mounted under the screen in that little pocket thing that u may put ur sunnies in?? any advice or pics wld be awsome ps its a vs statesman

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
Its starting to happen now with a few Commodores...you need to cut the top and probably the sides of the tray...depending on your unit. It looks real good when done properly without things sticking out and whatnot. This is mine...

There are also some little plastic (nibs? or bumps?) that are under the heater core which may stop the unit going in a lil...I had to chip them off...but you may not have to. Number one thing...be patient...doing it almost sent me nuts. Also need to make sure you're head unit reads properly on an angle of about 30 degrees or more, as that will be the angle that it will be on...

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers amte yea thats what i was looking at doing

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
what brand is ur gear is ur screen motorised, were did u get it? cheers

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
stateo 304 said:
what brand is ur gear is ur screen motorised, were did u get it? cheers

hehehe...well...I was on a pretty limited budget and just had to have one. My cuz directed me to ebay where there are lots of screens. It is a motorised one coz I didnt see the point in getting one where I had to take it out...I liked the look of automatic. It's just some brand I guess. All I know is it does the job of showing whatever I want to show...and in the end people arent gonna care what it is...coz they'll be too busy enjoying the entertainment. Cost for the motorised ones start around $200 on ebay...and the manual pull out screens cost much less...something round $140 I guess.