Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dynamat??

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Wow, the amplifier i put in my ute has made all the difference to my sound system. It is now louder and more clear. But one downside is that my whole cab now vibrates like a bastard, its actually really bad, the vibration nearly overpowers the music. The vibration is only bad with songs that have lots of bass, most songs are alright, but i do listen to some bass heavy music.
Since it is only a ute i will only need 2 pieces of dynamat. Does dynamatting really work, is it worth buying it? Will it stop all that vibration?

Found this on ebay, seems pretty cheap, what do you think?

DYNAMAT ORIGINAL SPEAKER KIT 10115 - SOUND DAMPENING !! - eBay Accessories, Cables, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Oct-09 01:16:31 AEDST)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
freom what i have heard it works well, but thats just my opinion.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Dynamat isn't for vibrations, it's for deadening metal panels. Metal panels resonate (hum) in time with certain frequencies so adding Dynamat to them makes them heavier and dampened so that they no longer resonate at those frequencies.

If you have rattles, you need to find the rattles and separate the two items that are rattling against each other. Foam and rubber are good for putting between rattling objects.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
and expanding foam can more often then not lead to distrastrous but funny results.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah I remember the local installer telling me about a guy that blew his boot lid apart putting too much expanding foam in between the two layers. That **** expands a LOT with a LOT of force, really trippy for foam.

Also that dynamat on ebay your looking at is only two pieces of 25cm sqaured. If you want to do a really good job you will need a lot more then that.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Wow, the amplifier i put in my ute has made all the difference to my sound system. It is now louder and more clear. But one downside is that my whole cab now vibrates like a bastard,.......
Does dynamatting really work, is it worth buying it? Will it stop all that vibration?

:yeah: Funny as eh!
Dynamat should work ok plenty swear by it
but still can't stop the side mirrors wiggling like crazy though ;)
I used Lino works just as good I reakon.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1284369-post32.html

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Ahhh, thanks Rob, that reminds me. Does anyone use any home made stuff to stop the vibration. The lino you mentioned Rob sounds good, and i think i have some of that lying around home too. It will save me $40 anyway

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You'll need to buy some good glue to stick lino to your panels... Plus it's not very effective compared to actual deadener.

I used carpet underlay and whatever foam I could find to jam in between vibrating panels and door trims and lots of deadener on all the flat metal throughout the car. Still have to do my roof one day though.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You'll need to buy some good glue to stick lino to your panels... Plus it's not very effective compared to actual deadener.

I used carpet underlay and whatever foam I could find to jam in between vibrating panels and door trims and lots of deadener on all the flat metal throughout the car. Still have to do my roof one day though.

How well does that underlay work when jammed between the two boot panels? Plenty of vibrations there, spoiler goes crazy.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Which panels?

If you're talking about the boot lid skin and the bracing, I'd put rubber in any gaps that are moving and then deaden over all the flat sheet metal.

What I did...
133393981.jpg

133346876.jpg