Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dynamat

Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT (1999)

Last edited:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Definitely worth it mate. Put some on the boot lid.

Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT (1999)

Last edited:

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yea it cost a fortune for little results as i been told. what about just putting rubber washers on all the bolts and nuts, would this minimize a lot of the noise? my system is 500W RMS with 2 12 inch subs in a 3/4" MDF ported box.

Try it, I've seen people fill up there boot lid with expanda foam and heard great results, never tried it out for myself though.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I got good results stuffing fiberglass insualtion in all the cavities, and some layers of duck tape on the back of the number plate and cost me bugger all. I also put some removalists blankets under neath the carpet mould. Dynamatt would probably net me more gains, but it will be the very last thing i do in the boot area.

If you don't have anyone nagging you about being a shared ride and can deal with the smell for a couple of weeks then some paint on sound deadner will work much better than any adhesive product, and is about $40 a tin which will do the entire boot.

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 252

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
yea it cost a fortune for little results as i been told.

It does what it's meant to do very well... People seem to think it's to reduce rattles, which it's not, so it doesn't do that very well. Deadeners will reduce your panels from resonating and actually helps keep quite a bit of your bass IN your car.

You fix rattles by separating the items rattling. Using foam and rubber will help with this.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Try it, I've seen people fill up there boot lid with expanda foam and heard great results, never tried it out for myself though.

Lol ive also seen people warp their entire bootlid with it!

Dynamat isn't designed to stop boot rattles. As Stone mentioned. Seperating the panels from rubbing against each other does. The misconception comes from when dynamat is the seperating medium.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Go to bunning and buy rubber stops, they come on little sheets of paper, builders use them on shower doors etc to stop slamming, perfect for those little things that rattle against each other like number plates etc.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
And once you've stopped the rattle... then dynamat the boot so we dont have to listen to your music lol