Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno charts? comparisons?

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
thanks alot for the link immortality, ill have a good read of that later tonight, might convice my mate to start tuning commodores and buy a descent set up as i would much prefer to do some real time as we have all the facilities for it.
its a shame no one tricks these things and stay n/a.
We do have a bunch of old t25's and t28's of silvias and the thought of a twin charger set up has crossed our mind, but with all the custom fab work we would have to do it would end up sitting in the workshop more than it would be used as the work get around car.
Surely there is some half descent built v6's around making atleast 180-200kw?
a forged bottom end with higher comp, some ported heads, different cam an all your bolt ons should see some descent figures and wouldnt be overly expensive to do.
Which is sort of what we are thinking of doing with a spare ecotec.

the only reason i wanted to change injectors though where by my calculations the stock injectors wont be very safe above 150kw, i would like to think we are going to be making more than that, specially if we can get some real time tuning software for them.

On another note how far can you lean on these suckers with tuning? can we go as far as stoch or keep it safer around 12:1?.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
13:1-12.8:1 is the sweet spot

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
No1 bothers going N.A because it costs more and at the end of the day its still a V6 Buick, but if you wanted to go N.A i would up the comp port polish and throw in a wade 992a or 1114a cam with bolt ons and be done with it, should push around 140-150ish depending on the cam.

I got 154rwkw with 4.8psi on a vn v6 supercharged

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
what do people normally pay for a supercharger kit on the buick's?
just after the factory style one not a centrifugal or some massive power house.
as i may have stated im only after a bit more punch around town as i cant stand driving gutless cars.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
haha yeah i was there when the vn was on the dyno, things a nut case and i love to attention to detail luke went with his enigne.
love the set up, and love the power sounds tuff as guts.
nice bloke to.

greenfoam you wouldnt happen to be lukes mate who can tune the delcos are you?

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
and i 2nd that suggest for one of what greenfoam ordered, might order one soon

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
you would be able to see during a dyno diagnostic if the car was running out of fuel (injectors).

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
yes of course.

anyway got most of the gear g'ed up now, Ill make a new thread title soon with this little project.
Im happy to share all my findings as im not really interested in marketing anything down the commodore avenue so its more just a "for fun" thing

Anyway what i had in mind was in a few weeks one i get the rego done ill stick it on the dyno as is which is just a 2.5" exhaust as far as i know everything else is standard.
while its still on the dyno we will remove the restriction thats in the throttle body and give it another few runs.
then we will install our custom cai set up and do a few more runs and ill report back with our findings with each items increase in power and torque with dyno overlays.
next step when we get time we will put on the extractors and y pipe we just got from MG (cheers man sorry i wasnt home in time). do another run, then install the 70mm yella terra throttle body do another run and then install a memcal chip designed for that list of mods (if greenfoam ever answers his pm's).
The next step on that will be a set of yella terra 1.8 rockers 3.9:1 diff gears some bigger injectors and another memcal tune hopefully to improve slightly on the older tune with the new addition of mods.

Ill set the thread out nice and easy to understand with each step and go into detail in another post so to not clog the main page to read.

by the way still chasing the 1.8 rockers if anyone has a second hand set laying around let us know asap cheers.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
by the way guys the injectors in the vr are black top feeds, we have a ecotec intake manifold,plenum and t/h here as well and the injectors on that are blue.
are these ones a different flow rate or still the same.
and im assuming they will be the same dimension top feeds as the buick injectors?