Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno results vs W310 pack = at the wheels?

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Thanks TML yeah i have been considering how my insurance company and the compliance constabulary handle mafless. That is why i waited 3 years and until the vehicle was out of warranty : so far i have never been picked on and i am hoping that continues. With respect to my insurance it was just a revision note on my policy. Fingers crossed i have no trouble with mafless. I have all the parts and i believe my tuner will retune for back to maf and reinstall free if i pick up a canary.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Thanks TML yeah i have been considering how my insurance company and the compliance constabulary handle mafless. That is why i waited 3 years and until the vehicle was out of warranty : so far i have never been picked on and i am hoping that continues. With respect to my insurance it was just a revision note on my policy. Fingers crossed i have no trouble with mafless. I have all the parts and i believe my tuner will retune for back to maf and reinstall free if i pick up a canary.

I had an LS1 WH statesman years back, mafless with an OTR, didn't have any dramas but I've heard QPOL can be a little 'overzealous' with things like this sometimes. Of course my suggestion above completely ignored the fact that you may be getting an OTR as well lol..

Let us know how you go :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the LS1 in holden vx GTS was mafless from factory so technically u could do it to any of them

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Not sure about that. The GTS had it out of the factory as you say, but the rest didn't. Any mods to how a car comes 'out of the box' would technically make it non-compliant, irrespective of what it's stablemates may or may not have.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Guys it drives like a new car. I am happy with mafless and accept the associated street risk. I am all smiles ..And yeah i drove a w375 vf2 at holden not long ago. My l77 is pretty much now a w375.
I am impressed by what my tuner achieved from the ole l77. .. just a mafless tune and a vcm otr... other than that it was standard w310 up until last friday..

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
the maf sensor, wires etc takes up valuable space within the airflow stream which firstly disrupts air flow and secondly blocks some air flow.

Seriously?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Properly blended MAF / SD open loop tune wins for a wide range of conditions.
The evolution of the blended tune in GenV ECUs is not one vs the other, rather more blended together under a torque based logic, more wholistic tuning approach under Driver Demand (HP Tuners) / Torque Model (EFIlive).
https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_tuning_how_to_advanced_e78.htm
@Tumble_roll who is the tuner?
@07GTS transients may be realated somehow to SD in your tuning program but can be calibrated separately in others.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Seriously?

Like i said his words not mine. I dont know enough about it. However it must have some merit based on a hub dyno of 402 horse power at the rear wheels. Anyone else wish to share their l98/l77 results along with providing the details of your mods ?

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Properly blended MAF / SD open loop tune wins for a wide range of conditions.
The evolution of the blended tune in GenV ECUs is not one vs the other, rather more blended together under a torque based logic, more wholistic tuning approach under Driver Demand (HP Tuners) / Torque Model (EFIlive).
https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_tuning_how_to_advanced_e78.htm
@Tumble_roll who is the tuner?
@07GTS transients may be realated somehow to SD in your tuning program but can be calibrated separately in others.

Hey mate my tuner is terry seng from toowoomba. I think terry runs a 7sec quarter mile vb street legal commodore. Have seen him drive thru the maccas drive thru in town in it. Haha talk about a sleeper.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Like i said his words not mine. I dont know enough about it. However it must have some merit based on a hub dyno of 402 horse power at the rear wheels. Anyone else wish to share their l98/l77 results along with providing the details of your mods ?
Just a heads-up, hub dynos usually report using J1394 correction factor.
That is an important starting point to compare your results, as most chassis dyno results are J607.
Are you able to post the report for comparison?