Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirping2nd

Reaction score
just wondering what sort of rwkw a stock ls1 puts out. i was a bit dissapointed with the 150rwkw the vt clubby 5l put out on the last strret commodores dvd. seeming my mates au xr8 220 pulled a 175rwkw standard and with catback exhaust and a capa flash tuner pulled 202rwkw.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Were all 3 runs on the same dyno?

unfortunately they dont all read the same.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
lpg has a very high octane rating and yes ls1 range from 180rwkw pluss dependind on the model weather its manual or auto my 6lt ve pulled a very healthy 210rwkw stock big difference i carnt rember wot my vu was stock but with very minimal mods it was pulling 200rwkw that was only cat back and k&N filter:D

chirping2nd

Reaction score
k cheers, for the feedback fellas. and no not all dyno runs were on the same dyno. but i suppose you would expect the dynos to be calibrated so the results are around the mark.

that power out of ls1's is not to bad, so a tune, exhaust and a decent intake setup could be around the 230 mark?

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
every motor is different but yeah even as high as 240 a ve 6l with just bolt ons in SA made 280rwkw thats just with catback extrators cai and tune very exciting stuff :D

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
My VZ SSZ M6 ute made 195rwkw stock standard, then 220 rwkw with a full Sureflo 3.5" single system.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
k cheers, for the feedback fellas. and no not all dyno runs were on the same dyno. but i suppose you would expect the dynos to be calibrated so the results are around the mark.

that power out of ls1's is not to bad, so a tune, exhaust and a decent intake setup could be around the 230 mark?

That is where you are so wrong. Different dynos can vary alot..... Don't get caught up in the hype of Dyno power figures......

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hows this i got a dyno readong and said 120 rwkw i thought hrrmm sounds low but ok if thats what i got thats what i got but i can launch really hard and have beaten a few wrx and 5.7 in total stock form ( dont flame)
i run crs charger at 2.8 psi
ive had ppl ask me what my kw are cause i beet them
i really think kw's are a guide and not really worried about how much i have as long as ya go fast:)
and yes im about to here my stock v6 has 130+ kws not charged but dont really get beaten by v6's often

Status
Not open for further replies.