Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
And you drive what, that goes how quick to say this?
And how much have you spent on the motor / driveline, compared to a stock WRX?

ive had those and hosed those even sti's
and for the record the only car that does have a chance is an EVO (against LS1)

Last edited:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
most LS1's dyno in at around 25-30 rwkw less then the true figure, however, as we know holden have really detuned the engines, after a quick tune and exhaust you all of a sudden have as much rwkw as the car come out of the factory with at the flywheel.

Standard loss is around the same for most cars.

it's that my vr lost 78kw (2speed auto/ford 9" ) (forced 5.0) sold 2 month's ago

MBS206

Reaction score
MBS206... Why dont you just go buy a WRX because it seems obvious where your loyalty lies...

I'm not a huge fan of the WRX, I'm looking at cold hard facts.

The WRX has a better power to weight ratio, it's AWD, and it runs a close ratio gearbox compared to a commodore.

As for only an EVO9 coming near an LS1...

I sold my VR V6 Manual as it was going to cost WAY too much to get to the standard that I wanted, I stepped into a R33 GTS-t, and it annhilates LS1. I've ran against a couple of cammed LS1s with exhausts and tuned.
They couldn't keep up, except for the spots I lost traction in...
Rolling run, at 100km/h, they still have no hope.

Be honest boys, go out, and REALLY give an import a hard caining (Drive one yourself) and you'll see, a WRX will anihilate a VN/VP off the mark, and the whole way down the 1/4 mile.
But, I will say, basically EVERY AWD car made, will loose on a rolling run to an equal powered, and even to slightly lower powered cars.

But after owning a VR commo, and being able to launch it drag style, and driving a WRX and launching it properly, and then owning my R33 and being able to launch it also, your VN/VP ain't going to keep up.

Edit: And with a touch of research you'll find VERY minimal power is lost through your driveline. Think about where that power (Energy) has to go. It's either in friction, which causes heat, or in sound. Drivelines aren't that noisy, nor does the oil boil within minutes. Do some math calcs.
After some reading on the net, it has been proven, the "energy" lost is in slip, on the dyno roller (Yes, it does occur, even on low powered cars) and also in turning the brakes on the chassis dyno etc...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

The WRX has a better power to weight ratio, it's AWD, and it runs a close ratio gearbox compared to a commodore.

I sold my VR V6 Manual as it was going to cost WAY too much to get to the standard that I wanted, I stepped into a R33 GTS-t, and it annhilates LS1. I've ran against a couple of cammed LS1s with exhausts and tuned.

Be honest boys, go out, and REALLY give an import a hard caining (Drive one yourself) and you'll see, a WRX will anihilate a VN/VP off the mark, and the whole way down the 1/4 mile.
But, I will say, basically EVERY AWD car made, will loose on a rolling run to an equal powered, and even to slightly lower powered cars.

But after owning a VR commo, and being able to launch it drag style, and driving a WRX and launching it properly, and then owning my R33 and being able to launch it also, your VN/VP ain't going to keep up.

Edit: And with a touch of research you'll find VERY minimal power is lost through your driveline. Think about where that power (Energy) has to go. It's either in friction, which causes heat, or in sound. Drivelines aren't that noisy, nor does the oil boil within minutes. Do some math calcs.
After some reading on the net, it has been proven, the "energy" lost is in slip, on the dyno roller (Yes, it does occur, even on low powered cars) and also in turning the brakes on the chassis dyno etc...

Mate I work with a subuaru addict and I mean addict this guy has three subaru's in his family drives in clubs and races them also. If you drop a WRX clutch at 7000 hell yeah you're going to kick ass in the launch but unless you like shelling out regulaly for new gearbox's or have 10k for a dog box you are not going to do this. The stress on the drive train and the gearbox from a 7000rpm launch is devistating. Also the gear change from first to second for the WRX is actually teribble. This is why the guy from work tells me if you're not in front before he's in second you have no chance. WRX will go to 160 and then run out of steam but that second change in stock gearbox's is terrible.

Unless you launch a WRX from a high RPM you're going to get a crap launch. So it's gearboxs and drivetrain parts vs slow launch.

And this is a forum so the only person to say end of story is the moderators :D

Also mate you said you drove a VR a VN and a VR have a totally different launch the VN will beat a VR and will even beat my VS off the line.

Hahahahahaha just read your quote your R33 kills LS'1s hahahahahahah that's gold mate. Well my mate used to regularly beat R33 and R34's in his 5L before the rebuild yet got beaten by LS'1s hahahahahahaha mate you've made my day I haven't heard anything funnier this week.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Oh how i love coming up against your type at calder.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Also, theres an article around with a Mazda Speed6 pitted against a WRX, and the 0-40? i think it is... 2.0 seconds for the WRX to 1.6 for the Mazda... yet 0-100 the WRX is half a second quicker.... So take off is obviously NOT the WRX's strength, AWD or not.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
MBS206

I don't mind people challenging me at all but when you don't know what your talking about then telling people to shut up then it's on. The fact your talking about launching a wrx@7000rpm shows you don't know (sh!t)

MBS206

Reaction score
Pre 99 boxes will shatter at a 7000RPM launch yes,
MY06 STi box is nearly invincible... Why do you think so many people put them in the MY05 and MY06 WRX after a box break?

As for "your mate", I'll play that game all night long if you want.

I'll find a time, once I'm back on the road, and I'll meet some of you boys at WSID for some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.