Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno Run Gone Wrong?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Torque is a force. Horsepower is a measurement of how much of that force can be applied over a given time.

FYI the fastest car isn't which one crosses the line first.

Mph is the best and most accurate way to work out a vehicles power, aside from an engine dyno. Mph never lies.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Easiest way to differentiate HP and KW
1kw = 1.34 HP

In thai case 142rwkw = 190rwhp

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Torque is a force. Horsepower is a measurement of how much of that force can be applied over a given time.

FYI the fastest car isn't which one crosses the line first.

Mph is the best and most accurate way to work out a vehicles power, aside from an engine dyno. Mph never lies.

MPH? How is that the best?

Pressure, air temp, car areo, car weight, track conditions, driver and reaction time all influence MPH so how it that more accurate than a dyno?

With a dyno, you just need someone who knows what they are doing and a correctly calibrated dyno.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
MPH? How is that the best?

Pressure, air temp, car areo, car weight, track conditions, driver and reaction time all influence MPH so how it that more accurate than a dyno?

With a dyno, you just need someone who knows what they are doing and a correctly calibrated dyno.

Lol u can pick up 10rwkw on a dyno by simply tightening or loosening the straps. A dyno is simply a tuning tool.

A given car will run a certain mph for its weight and power. Moroso slide calculator.

From a vehicles mph you can work out what it should et in a "perfect world".

Et's are influenced by variables. That's why u can run a 12.3 @ 112mph and 13.3 @ 112mph

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Bosch Blue Top 775 Injectors 24lb & Freshened Up Motor a Little.

Injectors are way to small.

Stock is 30 lb, supercharged 32lb, raptor supply 36lb with their supercharger kits (all from memory).

Can someone double check my numbers ?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Bosch Blue Top 775 Injectors 24lb & Freshened Up Motor a Little.

Injectors are way to small.

Stock is 30 lb, supercharged 32lb, raptor supply 36lb with their supercharger kits (all from memory).

Can someone double check my numbers ?

The injectors are plenty plenty big for this application. U can go 230rwkw ish on them. Hear I am quoting dyno figures.

Stock 304 injectors are 24lb blue tops. Super6 injectors are 36lb

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
Lol u can pick up 10rwkw on a dyno by simply tightening or loosening the straps. A dyno is simply a tuning tool.

A given car will run a certain mph for its weight and power. Moroso slide calculator.

From a vehicles mph you can work out what it should et in a "perfect world".

Et's are influenced by variables. That's why u can run a 12.3 @ 112mph and 13.3 @ 112mph

i dont fully agree with that either as cars with big turbo's can do a crap mph due to turbo lag but put out big hp..

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
i dont fully agree with that either as cars with big turbo's can do a crap mph due to turbo lag but put out big hp..

U mean cars that put out big HP on a dyno...

Mph doesn't lie it's a fact.