Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno Run Gone Wrong?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah thats what i was trying to get across (without seeming like an arse) there are loads of sites like that that seem helpful but can actually be really counter productive to a newbie looking to spend big dollars on injectors unnecessarily, see according to that my chevy injectors are no good, when actually they run on 4 bar (round about 50 psi) which works out to be around 22lb. that calculator will tell me to buy expensive 24lb injectors instead of my 19's, which would make 24's around 27lb which is really unnecessary, given the 300 odd buck pricetag.

same problem as mace 1.9 ratrio rockers, pod filters, twin throttle intakes etc etc etc. people need to take all the info available online and really research the **** out of it, rather than taking one sites opinion as gospel.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
yeah thats what i was trying to get across (without seeming like an arse) there are loads of sites like that that seem helpful but can actually be really counter productive to a newbie looking to spend big dollars on injectors unnecessarily, see according to that my chevy injectors are no good, when actually they run on 4 bar (round about 50 psi) which works out to be around 22lb. that calculator will tell me to buy expensive 24lb injectors instead of my 19's, which would make 24's around 27lb which is really unnecessary, given the 300 odd buck pricetag.

same problem as mace 1.9 ratrio rockers, pod filters, twin throttle intakes etc etc etc. people need to take all the info available online and really research the **** out of it, rather than taking one sites opinion as gospel.

No worries. All apart of learning whats good and what isn't i spose. Forgive my noobness :D

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I think I need a break after reading all the calculations and number! My head hurts! Lol

PJDM1980

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
With the fuel pressure and the injectors you will find that most injectors are rated at a set PSI to give you the flow rate. This is done to be able to set things like an injector rate. If you are given a set base to work from you can adjust the rate, to a certain extent depending on what fuel pressure that you are intending on running.
But you can not keep winding the fuel pressure up to compensate for the injector being to small, well you can to a degree, but not really the way you do it. The same goes for the opposite, if you wind the fuel pressure down to under its rated running PSI then the injector will not perform properly.