Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tune

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
dyno is a avenue to highlight any issue. Y would they make unessesary adjustments

Correct, it is an avenue to highlight an issue, but you kind of worded it to say that you would adjust to change a AFR to fix a non-tune related issue. It's just that there have been a number of people who have come here after being told by randoms that their problems can be fixed by tune when they are not tune related issues.

From what l understand from this info is you are pushing the boundaries past a factory fuel table/tune. You've gone to the point l would recomend going to a dyno'er

He's got a Mace memcal. All those mods are totally within the reach of a mail order tune.

the problem with the car is he says the spark plugs look lean

Need pics, it's too subjective.

Dunno why you're flipping out, car drives fine and you don't have any real issues, nothing's broken. You're basing your worry on one person's opinion, sure might be a bit lean, who cares as long as it's not destructive. You asked Mace about it? It's their tune.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
As I said the whole fuel system has been replaced including rail and fuel reg, matched injectors, new pump, compression is 150 around and spark is fine I put my foot flat and no Missing through speed range if I can hit top rpm with no pinging then obviously I'm not running truely lean and it is down to a tune where more fuel is needed, I really don't understand though I'm not putting boost I the engine I've only made it so volumetric efficiency is better and a bigger exhaust system to flow better the only thing I can think why it's lean is the bigger roller rockers letting more air in and not tuned like you would if you put a cam in... I've had it on the dyno before though and have seen the 02 readings fine and WOT it is about 12.5 a/f ratio.. it really is to hard to explain over the net just please if anyone knows a good dyno tune up north end of Adelaide that's what I need to Know !!!! A name of a place or otherwise the **** car is going to other side of Adelaide to be looked at ******* over this **** car even in person no **** has a ******* idea not even me I am really close to selling and buying a stock toyota, Toyota smashes Holden's any day of the ******* week.
No recommendations. Best for you to call around and advise what you have. Some might not choose to get involved. Can mase revise the chip if your 100% its leaning. I thought you were on a factory tune.

Vtllcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s2 berlina
I'll call mace on Monday, forget the problem with the car and you are rite if it's not pinging then it's not lean is it if the piston burns out or a valve does the cars gone, back to the reason why I put the thread up I just need some one reply with a dyno place other wise I know where to go but gonna have to drop car off and rent one cause of distance they should be able to hook it up on the dyno see and smoke test the inlet manifold looking for leaks if not must be tune or Pcv running to lean as I've said three the only options i have other wise I'd be suggesting blocked injectors and that the o2s haven't set a code to say it's running to lean so I got nothing to worry about I guess I just wanna know why the plugs look lean.... I will post a pic of the plugs first thing tomorrow when I reply, thanks all .

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Correct, it is an avenue to highlight an issue, but you kind of worded it to say that you would adjust to change a AFR to fix a non-tune related issue. It's just that there have been a number of people who have come here after being told by randoms that their problems can be fixed by tune when they are not tune related issues.

He's got a Mace memcal. All those mods are totally within the reach of a mail order tune.

Need pics, it's too subjective.

Dunno why you're flipping out, car drives fine and you don't have any real issues, nothing's broken. You're basing your worry on one person's opinion, sure might be a bit lean, who cares as long as it's not destructive. You asked Mace about it? It's their tune.
l didnt say fix, advise him hopefuly what is needed. Its gettin to political..