Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tunes LS3

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
My auto went from 236rkw to 285rkw with same mods plus full exhaust. I'm not certain your HSV catback would provide much in gains at those power levels, particularly low to mid-range...maybe at peak power? Those in the know can chime in....
I think a manual puts out about an extra 10rkw over the auto at those levels.
Anyhow, hope you enjoy the vehicle, they're bloody unreal! Sound much different with the hsv catback???

My auto went from 236rkw to 285rkw with same mods plus full exhaust. I'm not certain your HSV catback would provide much in gains at those power levels, particularly low to mid-range...maybe at peak power? Those in the know can chime in....
I think a manual puts out about an extra 10rkw over the auto at those levels.
Anyhow, hope you enjoy the vehicle, they're bloody unreal! Sound much different with the hsv catback???
Thanks mate
It's good not too loud but definitely beefier than standard 21/4 and goes great very happy with it

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Saying a tuner let you walk away with a dyno sheet that just gives you an output and no base line and no overall gain seems odd.
Are you also saying this tuner didn't give you a torque figure either?
And you say it's not the first car you've had dyno'ed and you didn't find this odd?
My eyes would have been glued to that first run. Hope it was an important phone call...
I run a business champ so yes my calls are important. The last car I got dynod was my Berlina Turbo 13 years ago.
Once again, look at the pick I posted, read it, analyse, question it do what you want.
For me thinking it made that power with minimal mods I am curious to see if anybody has made something similar with same or similar. What's the forum called mate? Is it called wannabe expert opinions?
At the end of the day because certain people are having issues registering what I have been saying on this forum, I don't care that the car made 298.4 on sams dyno.
Even if it really made 270 Its still a gain over what is stock.
And I'm smiling

Did he use the hub dyno? They read a little higher than a roller dyno. Either way, that workshop definitely has a good reputation, and if you're happy with the end result, thats the main thing. I have an LS3 from a 2016 Redline in my VK with a TH400, 4k converter and 3.9 diff gears, with intake and full exhaust, it made 240rwkw when it was tuned. Numbers sound low, but it is deceptively quick, and scares the fk out of my mates when I take them for a drive in it. Dont get bogged down in the numbers, run it at the strip when it opens, that'll give you a better understanding of what it's making
Rolling dyno

I will run it down the strip when eastern creek is back up and running

Last edited:

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Sorry to post this again, but I got a similar result with my 385kw upgrade at C&A Auto.
Stock: 240kw at the wheels
Upgrade: OTR, headers, full 3" Difilippo exhaust with 3.5" tips, making around 300kw at the wheels

id expect somewhere close to 300 from a full exhaust, not without.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Mine went from 240rwkw to 270. L77.
I had on a full HSV exhaust and OTR.
That increase is just for the tune.
Before the tune it threw the check engine light. DTC was both banks running lean.
It did go all over the place with sometimes running rough and sometimes a high idle.
All smooth and good after the tune.
I don't think the exhaust made a huge difference, but it sounded heaps better!!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
ls3 with Cai and stock exhaust makes about 280rwkw

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Sorry to post this again, but I got a similar result with my 385kw upgrade at C&A Auto.
Stock: 240kw at the wheels
Upgrade: OTR, headers, full 3" Difilippo exhaust with 3.5" tips, making around 300kw at the wheels

what headers do you have on yours ?