Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tunes LS3

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
This thread is 4 pages longer than necessary

Project VF2

What ET/MPH?

@Emco Welcome to the forum. Search function will show plenty dyno results.
I havent run mine down the strip yet. Once it opens and I get a decent set of tyres I'll give it a run, I've got 20's with 235's and it wheelspins if I try a decent launch. Need some 15 inch ET streets or something similar.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Dynos will be fairly comparable at those power levels. The main issue with chassis dynos is tyre to roller slip and energy lost in tyre deflection that only get worse the higher the horse power. At low power levels like 300kw most dynos will be in a few percent of each other.

298kw seems about right as a freind of mine made 270kw with the L98 OTR and 3 inch system. The LS3 has 200cc more capacity a better intake and better heads so 20kw seems like a good difference. You made 28kw more add in dyno differences it could be closer to 20kw.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
My Genf Clubsport (LS3) went from 265 KW stock to 291.4 KW with an OTR and Tune. The big gains were in the torque figures, went from 594 NM to 674.2 NM.
Obviously it had a different tune, intake and exhaust from the factory compared to the redlines, but it is the same engine.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Have had my ute tuned at 90,000 km. The ute was running too lean and idle too rich, warning light came on. Dyno figures varies from workshop to workshop. I am just happy that the ute is running very smooth now and warning light doesn't come on anymore. But the fuel consumption has gone up to 13.5 litre/100 km compares to 12.5 before, no wonder it was running lean and rough.:)

Attachments

• Ute Dyno 320 KW.PNG
    Ute Dyno 320 KW.PNG
    444.4 KB · Views: 154

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
For others considering mods using recycled HSV parts. I had my car on the Dyno the other week.

340 HSV headers, 2 1/2" HSV centre section, 100 cel cats, VCM OTR

Result was 288rwkw. Also had the trans tuned and really happy with how good the car shifts now.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
For others considering mods using recycled HSV parts. I had my car on the Dyno the other week.

Result was 288rwkw. Also had the trans tuned and really happy with how good the car shifts now.
Who did the tune?

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum

That to me is a great result can you explain the difference with the transmission tune

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Transmission changes quicker and seems more intuitive. Changes are firmer without being unpleasant and probably the best thing is it kicks down a gear earlier when accelerating keeping the car in a decent rev range instead of labouring in a higher gear. I always thought they were a bit sluggish down low. Changing down a gear earlier helps to eliminate this feeling.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I agree with how the trans shift seems to be slow changing down under acceleration I find myself either changing down before or grabbing at the paddle shift if I don't change beforehand