Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tunes LS3

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
to answer your direct question no. my numbers are not that high with a full exhaust, otr, and tune.
id also imagine most peoples arent with the same mods.

your numbers are basically attributed to otr and tune, the change in mid pipe is going to be almost irrelevant an otherwise stock car.
What would result in my reaching thay figure, I understand every dyno is different.
Standard vf2 v8 exhaust is 2 1/4 from cat to first muffler then 2 inch into resonator? Then 2 1/4 into rear muffler.
Hsv mid section is 2 1/2 whole way thru minus 2 hotdogs. So restrictions are lifted so no I don't believe mid pipe is irrelevant.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Teased? M8
The reason why I opened a thread because I'm curious if anybody has gotten around the same figures as what I got with similar or same mods.
Do you get that the car was stock, I threw on a vcm otr and a hsv mid section.
Read the thread properly champ instead of acting like your a tuner guru or something

I read the thread and it makes no sense and that's why you haven't been flooded with replies from members offering their figures.

Every dyno and operator is different then weather conditions and many other factors come into play so a comparison doesn't mean squat.

What you don't understand is no-one is sees their final figure as important, they what to know what was the gain from the base run to the final tune run.

Saying your car was stock doesn't give the output of the baseline run because it changes from car to car, so the dyno is used to obtain a figure.

Most operators will do the base run and keep the vehicle strapped down while they throw in the tune then do another run, if you what more than just a generic tune they make adjustments then run it again until they're happy with the final result.

Then they will most likely take the vehicle for a road test to check all.

You could easily clear up the matter and improve the thread by speaking to your tuner and asking for the correct info and posting up the dyno sheet as proof of the difference between stock or minor modifications before tune and the final tune and everyone can see what actual gains where made.

If you think you have a freak engine then good for you but so far it's just words and nothing to back it up, so offer the correct info and take the doubt out of peoples minds.

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
I read the thread and it makes no sense and that's why you haven't been flooded with replies from members offering their figures.

Every dyno and operator is different then weather conditions and many other factors come into play so a comparison doesn't mean squat.

What you don't understand is no-one is sees their final figure as important, they what to know what was the gain from the base run to the final tune run.

Saying your car was stock doesn't give the output of the baseline run because it changes from car to car, so the dyno is used to obtain a figure.

Most operators will do the base run and keep the vehicle strapped down while they throw in the tune then do another run, if you what more than just a generic tune they make adjustments then run it again until they're happy with the final result.

Then they will most likely take the vehicle for a road test to check all.

You could easily clear up the matter and improve the thread by speaking to your tuner and asking for the correct info and posting up the dyno sheet as proof of the difference between stock or minor modifications before tune and the final tune and everyone can see what actual gains where made.

If you think you have a freak engine then good for you but so far it's just words and nothing to back it up, so offer the correct info and take the doubt out of peoples minds.
I thought the figure was high with the mods I have, and I don't want to discredit Sam's Performance as I believe they did an excellent job, all I'm trying to see is what people are getting with the same or similar mods I will post up dyno sheet but it's not comparing with a baseline run.. I do not know what the baseline run is, I did not ask I wasn't near the booth on the first 2 runs I was on the phone outside..
I did ask for a baseline run before tune started and was told it's not advisable as the car may be running lean because I install and otr.

Last edited:

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Mate you're focussing on the wrong number, as everyone has said your 298rwkw means nothing without knowing the baseline. If the baseline from Sam's read 245kw then your gain of 53rwkw is compareable to everyone elses relative tunes.

As a few people have said there are multiple factors that could result in a higher power figure such as how the car is strapped down, gear ratios, ramping speed etc.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive seen some VF's with a rather high stock run so it may not be abnormal but the end result wasnt as much as a lower starting figure so it may start a little higher but not gain as much, also the fact a OTR was already fitted kinda kills a stock output to go against anyway, also to note a stock tune wont run lean with an OTR fitted as the LTFT carry over to PE so if its adding any fuel in the trims before u go WOT it will by default add the % to the WOT fueling for safety, also running a little leaner can add hp....

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Not meaning to be cryptic
It's actually the opposite I would like to see if people have had around the same figures with the same mods.
And how does naming the tuner impact getting results from other forum members?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I thought the figure was high with the mods I have, and I don't want to discredit Sam's Performance as I believe they did an excellent job, all I'm trying to see is what people are getting with the same or similar mods I will post up dyno sheet but it's not comparing with a baseline run.. I do not know what the baseline run is, I did not ask I wasn't near the booth on the first 2 runs I was on the phone outside..
I did ask for a baseline run before tune started and was told it's not advisable as the car may be running lean because I install and otr.

Sam gives you a dyno sheet when you pay and he can print you another copy, I've never heard of him not doing a base run.

Many people have already formed their own opinions of him and his work so you won't discredit him because of a high reading as it doesn't make or break a tuner, it's the gains made that is important and that is all everyone here is interested in, to see if your gain is similar to theirs.

Ask for a copy of the dyno sheet and the issue is resolved.

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Mate you're focussing on the wrong number, as everyone has said your 298rwkw means nothing without knowing the baseline. If the baseline from Sam's read 245kw then your gain of 53rwkw is compareable to everyone elses relative tunes.

As a few people have said there are multiple factors that could result in a higher power figure such as how the car is strapped down, gear ratios, ramping speed etc.

I don't know what the gain is.
All I have is the final figure.
All I asked is has anybody got something similar
Sam gives you a dyno sheet when you pay and he can print you another copy, I've never heard of him not doing a base run.

Many people have already formed their own opinions of him and his work so you won't discredit him because of a high reading as it doesn't make or break a tuner, it's the gains made that is important and that is all everyone here is interested in, to see if your gain is similar to theirs.

Ask for a copy of the dyno sheet and the issue is resolved.

There is no issue though?
It's people on this particular forum who seem to have an issue and all I asked was to see what other people got with similar..
I have a final dyno sheet

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
dont want to put you down, but if you believe you gained 60rwkw from an otr and a tune.. that must be one hell of a tuner.

Sorry to post this again, but I got a similar result with my 385kw upgrade at C&A Auto.
Stock: 240kw at the wheels
Upgrade: OTR, headers, full 3" Difilippo exhaust with 3.5" tips, making around 300kw at the wheels