Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tuning a VR

M

muttendagger

Hi

My VR has had the typical mods fitted (Extractors, full 2 1/2 sports exhaust and CAI) I'm thinking about getting it dyno tuned . Does anyone know if it would be worth it? Would there be a noticable power increase?

Thanks

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
I haven't dyno tuned my car yet. It is always a benefit to get your car dyno tuned when mods have been installed to your car. Just make sure that you do all your mods first, cause if you get dyno tuned then add extra mods later you are going to have to dyno tune again which isnt beneficial.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Hi

My VR has had the typical mods fitted (Extractors, full 2 1/2 sports exhaust and CAI) I'm thinking about getting it dyno tuned . Does anyone know if it would be worth it? Would there be a noticable power increase?

Thanks

Very minor mods for dyno tune:thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
getting a dyno tune just for those mods is overkill really, particularly considering they are "breather" mods and the delco will adjust accordingly anyway, now the engine can breathe easier.
if you wanted to do something about the tune you could pick up an "off the shelf" performance chip which would be worth while for the small cost involved.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
yea quite curious about the chips, but ive heard theres lots of shoddy ones around. i presume they just let more fuel into the engine providing more power am i right?