Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E-85 cold start problem

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Colder and cleaner, all positive on the internals, have posted many pics and vids showing the effect, now approaching 165,000 hard-earned fast km and goes like a rocket - 4.8 sec 0-100kph and kickdown to 160 in 4.3 at highway speed.

Nice, I saw the video you just posted on this thread regarding the cold start and mine is similar but much quicker to crank then yours. I love your car, I also love lamp.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hot Rod and Jingle Bells...You Guys - ROFL.

Mine is tuned for E85. The only issue I have is buying the bloody stuff! Nearest local is Canberra, 2.5hrs away. Mind you when I have run on it it's started fine in cold weather. That's one thing Gentech got spot on in my tune!

J

Jingle Bells

Colder and cleaner, all positive on the internals, have posted many pics and vids showing the effect, now approaching 165,000 hard-earned fast km and goes like a rocket - 4.8 sec 0-100kph and kickdown to 160 in 4.3 at highway speed.

It does not sound right to me....with all the racket from the motor...I know it has some hard yards from the pedal to the metal....maybe you need to sort it out with a stethoscope...before it is to late....are not we are talking about the VF V8....what sort of motor is that ?....and how do you retune for E85...the only way to retune the VF is by a computer and logistics as far as I know...maybe you can retune your car with a screw driver....and therefore misleading the VF owners....PLEASE EXPLAIN !

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
It does not sound right to me....with all the racket from the motor...I know it has some hard yards from the pedal to the metal....maybe you need to sort it out with a stethoscope...before it is to late....are not we are talking about the VF V8....what sort of motor is that ?....and how do you retune for E85...the only way to retune the VF is by a computer and logistics as far as I know...maybe you can retune your car with a screw driver....and therefore misleading the VF owners....PLEASE EXPLAIN !

What on earth are you talking about?

The VE/VF motors are either L77 or L98, the former using AFM hardware but otherwise, much the same. Also I think you have the wrong understanding of the word logistics, just saying.

I still love lamp.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Ignore him, you won't get anything useful out of him.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Just stop. Youre clueless, absolutely clueless.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo

I honestly don't know what I just read.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
My tuner advises me to stay away from it especially at this time of the year as the quality varies a lot. United p100 is fine according to him. Mine has a BP 98 tune.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I honestly don't know what I just read.

You're not on your own there. But this bloke's just made my weekend. Seriously it's the funniest shyte ever. PMSL. I think JB has spent time at the Pauline Hanson Academic School of Engineering Degree's or "PHASED": "I don't like it, please explain?". He can't be serious, nobody is that wack.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
My tuner advises me to stay away from it especially at this time of the year as the quality varies a lot. United p100 is fine according to him. Mine has a BP 98 tune.
Get a new tuner if he can't tune for cold starts.