Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E-85 cold start problem

J

Jingle Bells

You're not on your own there. But this bloke's just made my weekend. Seriously it's the funniest shyte ever. PMSL. I think JB has spent time at the Pauline Hanson Academic School of Engineering Degree's or "PHASED": "I don't like it, please explain?". He can't be serious, nobody is that wack.

You seem to be the last post of knockers....so tell me this....how do you tune a VF SV6 to run on E85...what do actually do....dyno tune sounds all the go ???... but what do actually do you do to the motor....logic says you must re-programme the computer.

I wait with baited breath....and this will sort out the knockers from the doer's!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You seem to be the last post of knockers....so tell me this....how do you tune a VF SV6 to run on E85...what do actually do....dyno tune sounds all the go ???... but what do actually do you do to the motor....logic says you must re-programme the computer.

I wait with baited breath....and this will sort out the knockers from the doer's!
The threads about a V8..................

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo

You may need to upgrade the injectors to a larger size to compensate for the extra fuel, maybe even the fuel pump. Plug computer in, change commanded afr from 14.8 to 9.7, adjust VE tables, adjust timing to take advantage of e85, Job done.

If you were really tricky you could wire in a flex fuel sensor like an SS and run whatever fuel you want all the time, otherwise you'd have to run dual fuel (like I used to) and have two seperate tunes. These days you can even use a virtual flex sensor controlled by a toggle switch so you don't even need to flash a seperate tune in, just make sure the tank is near bone dry before filling up and changing fuels/tunes.

It's not rocket science and you need to stop being so scared of it.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
ethanol fuel is like comparing light beer to heavy beer , I know which I prefer heavy ., AH......now that's the s@#$ .

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
ethanol fuel is like comparing light beer to heavy beer , I know which I prefer heavy ., AH......now that's the s@#$ .
Because you know about performance vehicles and all.............