Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E-85 cold start problem

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Let's see, cooler intake charge, can run more timing, run more boost (in a FI setup).
What's 'real fuel'?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Real fuel? probably what the v8 supercars use.... oh wait, that's e85.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
and they spend 1000s ds' and more to make it run at its peak on E-85 and not to mention the best mechanics going around , and there equipment they use well I don't think you find that at your local garage . V8 supercars are not on the same wave length to your standard out of factory car, so don't compare the two.

what im saying is why waste money on tuning it to E-85, what if you're running low on fuel and blow me Joe the servo don't sell it? so why bother . stick with the fuel which is available to all servo .

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Let's see, cooler intake charge, can run more timing, run more boost (in a FI setup).
What's 'real fuel'?

real fuel is Grapper home made 90% proof , that will make it ping .

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Isn't that ethanol?

damn all this time wasting money on grapper and I could of being drinking e85 for a $1.40 L

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
and they spend 1000s ds' and more to make it run at its peak on E-85 and not to mention the best mechanics going around , and there equipment they use well I don't think you find that at your local garage . V8 supercars are not on the same wave length to your standard out of factory car, so don't compare the two.

what im saying is why waste money on tuning it to E-85, what if you're running low on fuel and blow me Joe the servo don't sell it? so why bother . stick with the fuel which is available to all servo .

Pretty sure the manufacturers spent thousands of dollars on developing the systems to run multiple fuels in "your standard out of the factory car".
I'm fairly certain they are close enough to the same for this debate, uses the same basic internal combustion engine (may be better balanced and tuned to run flat out).
This is why a "standard out of the factory car" is good, it will run on more than 1 fuel, the ecu figures out what fuel is currently being run and changes the tuning to suit.

damn all this time wasting money on grapper and I could of being drinking e85 for a $1.40 L

You could but i'm fairly certain that grain based ethanol tastes better than something made from whatever random organic material was used for e85 (and doesn't contain petrol)

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
ok damn , so tell me or this guy why is his car not running on e85 properly , oh its just takes a bit longer to start .

and I wouldn't mind buying a v8 supercar engine for the same price as a factory motor . I think the supercars motor is more expensive than a whole statesman car is to buy out of the yard.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

They run a flex fuel sensor from factory, so fill up with what ever you want and the ECU will adjust timing, etc to suit.
Please try having some understanding of the topic your attempting to debate rather than spewing what ever rubbish pops into your head.