Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E-85 cold start problem

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Spot on.....what is with all this kurfudle over retunes for VF models is mind bogging....I also note the power and torque figures quoted are using 98 RON (PULP) for all variants of engines both 6's and 8's.....so I am totally confused as to why they would want to retune for E85 and another retune for 98 Ron....the only thing I can envisage their engines are clapped out/vintage...or they want to go from 0 to 100kmh in 2 seconds.

0-100 in 2 seconds would be nice.

Envisage, big word and you used it in the correct context. You deserve a gold star.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
and they spend 1000s ds' and more to make it run at its peak on E-85 and not to mention the best mechanics going around , and there equipment they use well I don't think you find that at your local garage . V8 supercars are not on the same wave length to your standard out of factory car, so don't compare the two.

what im saying is why waste money on tuning it to E-85, what if you're running low on fuel and blow me Joe the servo don't sell it? so why bother . stick with the fuel which is available to all servo .

The VF is flex fuel, so you can still use whatever fuel you like with a tune. Tuning does not remove the cars flex fuel ability.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
one_and_only2004;2661978. I haven't played with an SV6 tune wise yet but I've got one to try on next week said:
Sorry not trying take over thread but `one and only` can you let us know how you go.
Cheers Pete.

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Still so much misinformation & ignorance regarding E85, etc...
It's not that difficult, really!

Hotrod & JingleBells, if you don't like it (because you don't understand it?) then don't use it. Nuff said!
No need to suggest late model cars are "clapped out/vintage" due to your misunderstanding or lack of knowledge of the subject...

There are pros & cons to E85, just like most things in life.
For some people the pros outweigh the cons, for some they don't.

For me lack of availability (in my area) is the biggest problem. Unfortunately people spreading fear by talking foul about something they don't understand really doesn't help...