Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] E-Safety Check Question

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Will I fail an E-Safety check with different sized wheels? 17" on front and stockers on back? Easily fixed but just curious if I should put stockers back on until after the check. Currently waiting for new tread on back 17"s

Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Why wouldn't you anyway provided they have tread? Takes 10 minutes at the most to do and is one less thing to worry about.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
technically no, you must have the same tyre size across an axle, so having different front to rear is ok as long as they are the correct size, load rating etc etc

but geez its a bad look, it will make them go ove your car just that little bit more. you would be better off going in with 4 stockies

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
technically no, you must have the same tyre size across an axle, so having different front to rear is ok as long as they are the correct size, load rating etc etc

but geez its a bad look, it will make them go ove your car just that little bit more. you would be better off going in with 4 stockies

Agreed. Should be ok. But they'll take one look and think, "ok we got ourselves a total wanker here" and they'll most likely make your life very difficult. Just change them, and even give the car a wash and vacuum to give them the opinion that you're a caring considerate car owner who keeps their machine in good condition. It can make a big difference.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Agreed. Should be ok. But they'll take one look and think, "ok we got ourselves a total wanker here" and they'll most likely make your life very difficult. Just change them, and even give the car a wash and vacuum to give them the opinion that you're a caring considerate car owner who keeps their machine in good condition. It can make a big difference.

Why wouldn't you anyway provided they have tread? Takes 10 minutes at the most to do and is one less thing to worry about.

Haha yea I know. Its a filthy look isn't it. Ill have the tread redone on the 17"s by that day anyways most likely. I was just curious seeing as a mechanic wouldnt even touch it for a wheel alignment. Honestly, I've been driving the missus shitbox swift for the last week because I cant stand to look at or be seen in a car with stockers on the back lol

Cheers for the info though!