Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E1 Clubsport lights?

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Hi guys does any one no where i could get after market lights or the proper ones for a e1 clubsport front bar got given a bar from a mate and cant seem to find much in the way of information on the first series of hsv's or do any other lights fit in the holes in the bar?

Any help will be very apreciated :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Genuine will likely have to be sourced from Holden or a genuine Holden parts seller. Either way you'll likely get raped on price. Best bet would be to measure them up and try to find something after market if you want lights. Your SV6 is also likely going to be missing the wiring for them so there's another issue.

Alternatively, if you don't ever want to actually use the fog lights get some of the Walky covers for them and have them painted to match the colour of the bar and then fit them. That'd also easily be the cheapest option and probably wouldn't look too bad either.

Hope this helps.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
further note, if you install the bar don't leave uncovered holes - it is defectable.

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Genuine will likely have to be sourced from Holden or a genuine Holden parts seller. Either way you'll likely get raped on price. Best bet would be to measure them up and try to find something after market if you want lights. Your SV6 is also likely going to be missing the wiring for them so there's another issue.

Alternatively, if you don't ever want to actually use the fog lights get some of the Walky covers for them and have them painted to match the colour of the bar and then fit them. That'd also easily be the cheapest option and probably wouldn't look too bad either.

Hope this helps.

yeah mate i know it will cost a fortune from hsv haha thankyou tho i might look at the covers because i would just have the lights for looks unless they were easy to hook up which i dont think will be the case just dont want big open holes in it!

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Doesn't your SV6 have fog lights?? Surely it's the same wiring isn't it? But still, if you don't need them.... Anyway, why not try some wreckers. Not sure if I'm supposed to avoid naming a company, but Salvage Auto Sales on the Gold Coast specialize in VE Holdens and HSVs. Nice bloke. Might be a similar place near you. But give 'em a call, I know Salvage has more in stock than he lists on the web, so I'm assuming others would be the same.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Doesn't your SV6 have fog lights??

SV6 has a single set of fog lights. The E-Series 1 HSVs have two sets - a small set that come on with parkers (the fog light switch has to be on) and a second set of driving lights that come on with high beam (the fog light switch has to be on). Not 100% but my best bet would be wiring wouldn't be a simple "plug and play" job.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
as said the fog lights come on with the parkers and will stay on until u put the high beam on and then the extended high beam lights above turn on and the fog turn off, so if ur high beam is on when u pull the switch out it will turn on the extended high beam, and if only parkers or driving lights are on then just the fog turn on when the switch is pulled out, so could be fun to wire up without the proper looms/light switch...

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Raj and 07GTS, thanks for the good info guys. Very interesting, sounds like a handy feature. Really I should have known better, thinking things would be that easy to swap around. Especially between Holden and HSV. So I guess it wouldn't even be just a wiring thing, but the BCM probably has a HSV only calibration to run the high beam lights as well?? The HSV bar isn't two seperate plugs is by any chance though (one for fog, one for high beam lights)? Thus still being able to use the fogs, just not the second set? Or is that still being over optimistic?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there is one loom that goes to the front drivers side just behind the bar and then it splits into looms for the fog/highbeam, they are separate looms with different plugs for each so could be wired up easily,

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
thanks guys for the info ill get on to salvage and see if i can get some and for the wiring i live with 2 auto electricians so hopefully they could work it out.