Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E1 GTS Coilover install, traction stopping car under full acceleration??

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Just installed some coilovers in my '06 HSV GTS so I just cable tied the MRC looks out of the way drive fine but on the way home from Melbourne today I gave it full throttle for the first time and traction keep stopping the car from accelerating, soon as traction is turned off its a a good as good. Do I need to get the stability re calibrated because it's lowered (not crazy low either) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387601737.099826.jpg or could it be the MRC tripping out cause it has no I put anymore. Drive fine all the other times just under full throttle.
Thanks in advance Pat

PJDM1980

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Wouldn't be at all surprised if by interfering with the suspension you MAY have upset the calibrations of/for the Stability Control.
Vehicle manufacturers spend a lot of money, research and time in developing and refining Electronic Stability Control in order to provide users with the safest possible motoring experience. I am surprised that authorities have not outlawed such modifications ! Your car, your money guess you can do whatever you choose and live with the consequences - whatever they may be.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Found the issues just had to disconnect the MRC loom just under the brake booster all good now mate.

PJDM1980

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Wouldn't be at all surprised if by interfering with the suspension you MAY have upset the calibrations of/for the Stability Control.
Vehicle manufacturers spend a lot of money, research and time in developing and refining Electronic Stability Control in order to provide users with the safest possible motoring experience. I am surprised that authorities have not outlawed such modifications ! Your car, your money guess you can do whatever you choose and live with the consequences - whatever they may be.

Well your comment was a waste of time and completely useless in helping the question asked here.

Still reset the error codes from the 'traction off' and the rest should be all fine now. My 'traction off' didn't go away after changing suspension until cleared. Since then there's never been an issue and my ESC works perfectly as the manufacture intend althought I changed my suspension. And so far I'm still alive and safe so there's no consequences BENBOY!!!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well your comment was a waste of time and completely useless in helping the question asked here.

Still reset the error codes from the 'traction off' and the rest should be all fine now. My 'traction off' didn't go away after changing suspension until cleared. Since then there's never been an issue and my ESC works perfectly as the manufacture intend althought I changed my suspension. And so far I'm still alive and safe so there's no consequences BENBOY!!!

Hey Ducker some people are under the impression that car makers use the best of everything when building cars yet in reality most us know that they are built to an extremely tight budget that mean you get 1000's of compromises. I disconnected this plugImageUploadedByTapatalk1387623503.412205.jpg] after some advise from another GTS owner and it seems to have done the job. Thanks for the useful help unlike some.

PJDM1980

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387623532.829622.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387623532.829622.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 670

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dropped a bit lower now it's settle inImageUploadedByTapatalk1387699219.041369.jpg

PJDM1980

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if the code is set u have to remove it, then with no codes unplug it and u wont get the code in the first place, getting rid of the code can be a PITA its much easer to stop the code before it is set