Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I passed a servo this morning selling 91 for nz$1.89 or 1.83 with the discount in Auckland. The servo up the road from me is been a rip off **** again.

I think my boys rego was $NZ95, Yearly WOF is ~NZ$60.

Yes, fuel taxes for roads but really how can one be certain it actually ends up there?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I passed a servo this morning selling 91 for nz$1.89 or 1.83 with the discount in Auckland. The servo up the road from me is been a rip off **** again.

I think my boys rego was $NZ95, Yearly WOF is ~NZ$60.

Yes, fuel taxes for roads but really how can one be certain it actually ends up there?
With the state of our roads it has to make ya wonder doesn’t it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Indeed and new road building quality seems to be getting worse, drove the new motorway section that bypasses Huntly recently and it was atrocious.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Indeed and new road building quality seems to be getting worse, drove the new motorway section that bypasses Huntly recently and it was atrocious.
Yip they are more interested in procedures and filling out 100’s of bits of paper than doing the job properly nowadays

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
roads have always been a gravy train for kickbacks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well I'm definitely no fan boy of the Aus govco, but one thing I can say for aus is that when we do get new roads built, you know the ones that people have been waiting for for 40 years, they're usually pretty awesome. We can finally drive almost all the way from Sydney up to Brisvegas on nice smooth highway. It doesn't have the character that the old road once had, driving through so many towns along the way but dam it's a quick trip now.

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
I can notice the difference between my v8 and my mates exact make n model, ve ss series 1. His always been a which ever is cheaper kinda of guzzler, but I’m always Bp premium 98. Gets the most kms, best accelerator response time ( means no lag from when u plant your foot too when the car responds.) and yes. E10 u can hear it, well what your hearing isn’t the fuel it’s your actually innjectores tapping louder than usual.
Come on like seriously if your a tree hugging up in smoker, then I don’t think owning a real car is for you. Next dealership can look after your needs madam.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I've been using E85 in my L77 for a few years now.
I'm paying a bit more for it now - it used to be cheaper than E10.
I feel like a drug user that got addicted by a dealer with low initial prices. I'm hooked now and can't get away!
If I did lots of K's I might look for an alternative.
BUT. . . .
I like the extra power (10 Kw according to my tuner)
I like to think that it's greener (made from renewables and has lower exhaust emissions)
Made in Australia (I think)
It makes my engine run cleaner (80,000K and the throttle body is clean and the exhaust tips are shiny)
. . . . . and It smells nicer!!

p.s. I saw a Porsche Panamera the other day and it had a diesel badge on it!?! I couldn't understand why you would spend that much on a car to save a little bit each time you fill up.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You're lucky there's still a servo convenient to you with E85!

Indeed.

There are only 10 sites in WA that sell E85 with 3 of those being in rural areas.

And at 199.9 per litre, they can keep it.