Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I agree with above and will add, it's getting even harder and harder to buy LPG in Tas. Coles/Shell no longer sell it so there is four servo's in Launceston that no longer have it. Demand is decreasing, for sure. Unless you have injected gas the reduced mileage means it's more expensive than petrol to run. We are over a $1.03 litre here for gas and ULP can be bought for $1.09 all week, every week. I had gas and once the system was getting near 10 years old it started to break down quite frequently. In the end the module and switch **** itself, converters need cleaning every 12 months or you start to lose power and economy.... So if its 300 bucks a year for servicing the gas, and you use 40% more gas if using suction system, not to mention the restrictor ring that fits in the TB, waste of time and cargo space if you ask me, who has been there and done that. I will never go gas again......

The thing is the servo industry bitch that there’s not enough volume in LPG so more and more LPG pumps are being shut down. My response to that would be that the servo owners being retarded money grabbers doesn’t help with the volumes being sold. If they sold LPG at a fair margin on cost like they used to people would be getting LPG conversions again and increasing sales volumes. They cut their own nose off to spite their face.

Ive only got LPG because the car came with it when I bought it. It’s definitely not worthwhile to get it fitted anymore.

Elscorcho

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Wagon
I got a SV6 Storm i drive regional for work. I can get 800K's per tank on 98 but only about 350K's on E10. If E10 is 1.20/L, the 98 is about 15-20c/L more (say $1.40). Thats 10% more cost, but more than 50% more distance (highway K's). And you got the guts off the mark if required to slay a Ford!
If people tried it instead of complaining how much is costs, its cheaper anyway to run 98................

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Taxi's are basically all hybrids now too, they were the lifeblood of LPG.
I was about to say this - but thought I'd better check if someone else said it first. :)
They're all Camries & Priuses etc at the moment, and the owners love 'em because they require less maintenance than Falcodores to keep on the road.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I was about to say this - but thought I'd better check if someone else said it first. :)
They're all Camries & Priuses etc at the moment, and the owners love 'em because they require less maintenance than Falcodores to keep on the road.
And whatever cabs working are all stranded at the airport with their drivers sitting around playing cards. While the rideshare area goes flat stick to clear out the travellers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
people got into LPG because it was cheap, then it got inflated to be basically parity and on top of that most systems that were installed were not great. LPG basically killed itself by getting popular.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

They do seem to by Toyota Hybrids here down in the Deep South. The driver just a few doors away from me had to have his seat specifically lowered by Toyota because his humungous electric-blue turban caused him to be squeezed hard against the roof! o_O

Other than that, and the soft-plastic makeshift screen surrounding the driver's area, the hybrids are predominant on the roads.
I haven't used taxis for many years. There are so many transport options available: trains, trams, buses, an MTB, the VF, a scooter, walking, running... I think taxis are a bit of an historical anachronism, seriously tragic in a way because of the bad rap they got for being so filthy and unkempt, and with often well-publicised assaults by both passengers and drivers.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The only real alternative to a taxi is a ride-share, the ride-share drivers are all turning into taxi drivers & the ride-share vehicles are all turning into taxis so they may as well be taxis IMHO.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The only real alternative to a taxi is a ride-share, the ride-share drivers are all turning into taxi drivers & the ride-share vehicles are all turning into taxis so they may as well be taxis IMHO.

most of them just aren't as bright as taxi owners were so they just use regular fuels.