Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
tuned to run on 98RON so would be biased toward power rather than economy but still...
many variables in the tune so u can have all the power/torque u want when u want it but still cruise or drive around normal with minimal fuel usage, on E15 with blower, camshaft, full exhaust/intake i could be in the 8-9L/100 instant when at a cruise, if u got a tune from factory then it would barely have been touched

blakssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS-V
i put e10 in and it fucked up my car.. went into limp mode, had it towed, tank drained, new fuel pump, filters, spark plugs, injectors cleaned n flow tested, threw up random codes, has ran like **** since. still trying to get it sorted.

got a new purge solenoid ordered, next will be a e85 sensor, if that doesn't fix it new fuel lines.

i use 98 all the time now..

i wouldn't put e10 in my lawnmower. e10 will rust out your fuel pump and sludge up your injectors.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i put e10 in and it fucked up my car.. went into limp mode, had it towed, tank drained, new fuel pump, filters, spark plugs, injectors cleaned n flow tested, threw up random codes, has ran like **** since. still trying to get it sorted.

got a new purge solenoid ordered, next will be a e85 sensor, if that doesn't fix it new fuel lines.

i use 98 all the time now..

i wouldn't put e10 in my lawnmower. e10 will rust out your fuel pump and sludge up your injectors.
u clearly have more issues then just putting e10 in your tank that have been festering for a long time and just noticed when e10 was used, ive been running e10 in my daylie 96 corolla for bout 7 years with no issues, also been running e85 in my GTS and have used some after sitting for over 16 months is a barrel in my shed for my dyno runs, ethanol dosnt or cant stuff ur fuel system instantly with the use of 1 tank, and if u have a flex sensor its all designed for ethanol anyway, u must have had alot of bad petrol in the past to build up the sludge

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
u clearly have more issues then just putting e10 in your tank that have been festering for a long time and just noticed when e10 was used, ive been running e10 in my daylie 96 corolla for bout 7 years with no issues, also been running e85 in my GTS and have used some after sitting for over 16 months is a barrel in my shed for my dyno runs, ethanol dosnt or cant stuff ur fuel system instantly with the use of 1 tank, and if u have a flex sensor its all designed for ethanol anyway, u must have had alot of bad petrol in the past to build up the sludge
Agreed mate, e10 doesn’t have a high enough concentration of ethanol to make any real difference to vehicles that weren’t designed to run ethanol based fuels apart from the fuel economy although old mates ve ss is made for it anyhow

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Yeah. Maybe he was unlucky to suck the dregs from the servos tank or the servo tank was compromised in some way to let contamination in. I did run E10 in my SV6 for many years without any issues.

Haven’t used it in a few years now since I worked out that the two cents a litre difference is a ripoff and they need to give you 5 plus cents per litre discount to offset the increased fuel consumption.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Just did some rough math

Probably accurate to +/-5%

Sitting on the hwy from sydney to Goulburn and return, cruise set to 110

On return it worked out to be about 9l/100km

Around town it is double that at 18l/100km

Not bad for a old auto LS1 with a cam and 3.91 rear end

Meh

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
What’s the
Just did some rough math

Probably accurate to +/-5%

Sitting on the hwy from sydney to Goulburn and return, cruise set to 110

On return it worked out to be about 9l/100km

Around town it is double that at 18l/100km

Not bad for a old auto LS1 with a cam and 3.91 rear end

Meh
Just curious mate what’s the Rpm’s at 100kmh with that gearing?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That extra gear in the T56 is great for cruising.