Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E10 Fuel for VT ok ?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I got fuel usage of 10.26L/100km out of 91 RON, that's very nearly 750km from a tank, can you still get it where you live?

VL-VP-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Statesman GEN III
Hey EDGE3,
sorry for a long time before reply I am driving a 1998 VT series 1 Exec V6. the tank size is 75 litre.
when using the menu in the fuel usage ( Litres per hour) cruising on the highway it usually reads around 6.5 - 7.5 litres per HOUR.
it makes a huge difference when doing alot of hard accelleration, while overtaking I have seen the litres per hour reach as high as 79 litres per hour.
so doing alot of hard driving makes a huge difference in your fuel consumption.
ensure your tyres are at the correct pressure this also makes a big difference. have you ever tried to push a full wheel barrow with a half flat tyre ???? consider this when your car is running 4 under inflated tyres, if I am doing a long trip, and there is no chance of rain I usually put a few extra PSI in my tyres. if there is a chance of rain I will lower the PSI even a bit lower than the recommended amount.

schottgun

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt executve series 1
i own a 1999 vt executive series 1 and i started filling it up with e10 it runs fine but the petrol chews a little quick i might give 91 a try?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i own a 1999 vt executive series 1 and i started filling it up with e10 it runs fine but the petrol chews a little quick i might give 91 a try?

If you can find it, its being phased out

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
must be a eastern states thing... havent heard of it being phased out here in WA.... ts still available everywhere.

But personally I use 95, seems to be the sweet spot.

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Only problem ive noticed using E10 is it burns about 10% faster then the good ol' 91, 95 and 98. I have a stock VX and was using E10 from the day i bought her without a problem. But went away and couldnt get my hands on any E10 so filled up with some 98 and i noticed a huge difference in the way my car was running, but the biggest difference was the fuel lasted a hell of alot longer. I dont use E10 anymore and cant believe i ever used it!!

E10 might be cheaper but your going to save more money not visiting the bowser as much while running older fuel types.

KarenFuchsbichler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Commodore 1999
Ive been running my VT on E10 ever since its been available , ive had the car 6yrs or more an mostly running on E10 , these days thats all i put init and has been for a good coupla yrs , she hasnt missed a beat and still runs like a bird . And if you ask me i reckon it even goes a little better
I get E10 wherever I see it, but I have never gotten a full tank yet, always only about half at a time. I'm worried I will kill it if I run it on E10 full-time as it's got 318000kms on it.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Being a tight toyota driver when i used to put e10 in my old prado it wouldn't go as far as 91 would, I can't say I'm even used to driving commodores any more every 1 I drive I think the brake pedal is soft but from what i remember the same applied $50 worth of 91 will do more k's than $50 of e10 with e10 being 5 cents cheaper. My mate the big frank tells people not to use it . Any chance of you telling the numbers you get from e10 if its really saving you any money? hadn't even noticed 91 is disappearing its still at every pump around here.