Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E10 Fuel for VT ok ?

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Guys ,

hard to afford 95 fuel for me VT .. and looking at putting 91 in but my local servo didn't have it any more, there are only 98 , 95 and E10 ..

so, to put E10 in stock VT should be ok? will it damage anything in the long run?

or should i put E10 every 2nd tank and using 95 in between?

Cheers

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
VTs are said to E10 compatable, i think its pretty much and injected car. I use E10 in my daily, never had a problem. I do fill up where ever i see the old 91 tho.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
i put E10 in my car by accident and i didn't have a problem, but never did it agin though

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Ive been running my VT on E10 ever since its been available , ive had the car 6yrs or more an mostly running on E10 , these days thats all i put init and has been for a good coupla yrs , she hasnt missed a beat and still runs like a bird . And if you ask me i reckon it even goes a little better

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
91 not available??

We have it everywhere in SA, thought 91 was the most common?

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
nah

91 is getting very scarce in NSW

been a push to have E10, 95 and 98 only

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I started this thread ages ago: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/144674-e10-debate.html

Has a link to a study done on E5 and E10 fuels. It suggested that E10 can cause long term damage to some cars, everyone's got there own opinions. My opinion is steer clear of it unless your car is made for E5/10/85 fuels. But objectively, most cars with injection can handle it, but there is likely to be diminished lifespan on anything that comes into contact with Ethanol.

If you want read the study and see what you think. I steer clear of E10, mostly cause my engine has some k's on it and I'm trying to keep her going.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
I've used E10 for as long as I've had the car, about 10 years. Never missed a beat, never had any problems. She's pushing 230,000kms and purring like a kitten.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
^^^^^^^^^^^^:spot on::spot on::spot on:^^^^^^^^^^ i even run it in my old toyota carby ute as well an she runs like a champion on it has done for yrs , matter a fact it runs like a bag of **** on normal 91