Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

e85 in my ve ssv?

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
You'll have to educate me GTS ... I haven't installed an after market one. Do E85 cars have them as standard? Mine came out of the factory setup for E85.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
^^ yes sounds like your car does have what's needed to determine flex fuel, but assume tuner has not touched the VE tables (or disabled them).
BTW no real point getting e85 tweaked unless you can confirm fueling >80% ethanol (from OBD).
Consider a second opinion on current e85 tune before paying same dude again who says its fine, despite classic symptoms of running too rich across the board on this fuel.

Last edited:

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
thanks Pirate, yeah was a maf (mafless??) tune from walkinshaw as the mods are walkinshaw.

I'm willing to bet the OBD is locked down so only Holden or someone with their gear can access the OBD? (i'm assuming OBD is on board diagnostics from the cars ecu)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
thanks Pirate, yeah was a maf (mafless??) tune from walkinshaw as the mods are walkinshaw.

I'm willing to bet the OBD is locked down so only Holden or someone with their gear can access the OBD? (i'm assuming OBD is on board diagnostics from the cars ecu)

Irrespective if MAF / MAF+SD / MAFless (SD)... it is running too rich, needs tuning like everyone has said. Don't go back to them if they reckon is fine. BTW what sort of driving do you do?

OBD port is not locked, no. Perhaps you are thinking about ECU operating system and software.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=219206

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
I'd call it city driving. It's basically the wife's shopping trolley :)

We do give it a lil bit of stick but generally just easy driving.

I've got a few mates who are mechanics so see if they can get me on to someone who'll do a re-tune.

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
Thanks for the link too. Ill check that out.

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
it's a S2, you put the fuel in and it adjust accordingly, it has the GM flex sensor in it as standard.

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Not if it is SD tuned for 98 only, it won't adjust itself accordingly.

skimmed that bit, This is why you get people who actually who know what they are doing to tune a car ;)

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
now i understand my issue after you wrote that pirate :) The tuner didn't allow for any fuel mods in the tune hence it won't adjust for E85. Makes sense.

so i've organised through a mate for another company to re-do a tune.
I have just picked up an ELM wireless adapter for attaching to the OBD connector
I've downloaded the dash command system

When the wife picks me up i'll set up the adapter and check out what's happening and see what is going on in the car.

appreciate everyones comments so far. Learnt a fair bit today.

cheers