Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

e85 in my ve ssv?

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
Interesting my S2 E85 compatible Ute did the same thing, have been using E85 maybe 1 tank in 5, but in the last couple of months have been using E85 and on about the forth tank it was getting rarely hard to start like it had a flat battery, ran 3 tanks of 98 through it and it starts instantly, will be interested in your out come SnowDoggyDogg

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
got my car back today ... decided to changed the Walkinshaw intake for an OTR one coz I can't help myself! Don't think I'll be able to wait for 2 more years before I put a cam in!

anyway 330hp on 98.
339HP on E85
372 with the OTR

throttle is much more responsive now so just have to wait to see if the shitty starts happen. For me I could see the slow idle up start on the 2nd or 3rd tank and the really slow start started on the 4th tank (as said above). I will keep using E85 now to monitor fuel usage and see if the starts stay the same.

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
haha I was thinking that today. I'll hold off for now but if I do sell I'll let you know :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Don't think I'll be able to wait for 2 more years before I put a cam in
my tuner put in a vcm12 cam 227 227 and u could hardly tell it had a cam but made way more power he even had to tune it to sound more lumpy for the customer, just saying u could sneek a cam in we wont tell anyone...

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
I've postponed bringing in the car until next week friday.
I've put 1.5 tanks of e85 through the engine and its starting to choke on start up but nowhere near as bad as it was when I had ran in 4+ consecutive tanks of e85.
I imagine there is some residual Shell V-power 98 left in the engine that is letting the motor start up still without sputtering out too badly.
As a funny sidenote I received my 15k service invoice from the Holden dealers where I had the car serviced earlier this month and on it they put in writing that e85 is not suitable for this model.
Logged the issue with Holden Manufacturing who assured me the dealership was wrong and in the event they don't find and fix the problem next week the car will be sent to the manufacturings head techs to fix....

Any news mate?

cheers

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hey Viper,

I've been filling the car religously with e85 but it isn't choking out on the cold start like it used to. It's so strange that it has come good all of a sudden as I had two straight tanks through it and it was going roughly then by the third e85 tank it just went back to a slight sputter on start. Mind you it is nowhere near as clean a start as it would be on 98 RON. Either the mechanics tinkered with it in the shop on my service while they looked for the problem or the car itself is **** scared of going back in to their workshop and has started acting like a good girl....

viper76

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Z Redline
Warmer weather?

What about fuel economy?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Pirate - you'd really go for the Walky CAI box when you already got an OTR?