Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85 price.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
... nothing’s gonna change unless the masses force the change.

I dunno how we can change anything.
We are a captive audience, all of who are not likely to switch to EVs tomorrow, and over load our already dodgy electrical supply.
Nor can we send our Emperor and his family to the guillotine, or a 're-education' camp in the wilds of the Arctic circle, to be replaced by a dictator with even more draconian rules.

( I really hope this thread does not get high-jacked by conspiracy theorists, and Wacko Jacko science fiction believers.)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Viva la revolution !!!
Yeah, i meant through peacfull methods like writing to politicians and clearly defining the issues that concern them while also stating they will be more caring about who they elect into power next time around. If there are lots of similar views being expressed, then those dumb knuckles in charge can only but listen if they want to continue to access the public purse strings ;)

But le revolution works though it's not my goto method as it can be rather bloody :eek:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
( I really hope this thread does not get high-jacked by conspiracy theorists, and Wacko Jacko science fiction believers.)
Ponders for a bit, then adjusts tin foil hat o_O

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, i meant through peacfull methods like writing to politicians and clearly defining the issues that concern them while also stating they will be more caring about who they elect into power next time around. If there are lots of similar views being expressed, then those dumb knuckles in charge can only but listen if they want to continue to access the public purse strings ;)

But le revolution works though it's not my goto method as it can be rather bloody :eek:

I am not promoting a blood thirsty coup.

A revolution can take many shapes, like you suggest, masses writing letters with the same requests or masses not buying anything made in China etc etc.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
[QUOTE="Skylarking, post: 3084525, member: 163429" If there are lots of similar views being expressed, then those dumb knuckles in charge can only but listen if they want to continue to access the public purse strings ;) [/QUOTE]

Strange thing is, candidates with good ideas prior to election end up being Yes men to the powerbrokers behind the public faces.

One example... not so many years ago, a prominent ALP politician wrote a newspaper weekly segment which made a lot of sense (to me).
When he was elected to be leader of the Fed ALP, everything that he had advocated in his articles went out the window, along with his integrity and personal standards. He never became PM, and was 'encouraged' to resign from the leadership, and subsequently quit the ALP, and went back to his old profession as a commentator and writer. He is now a leader within another party.

What happened in those intervening years to make him turn 180 degrees in thinking, then come full circle and revert back to his original ideas ?

( I should have added, no need for tinfoil hat, this is not a conspiracy theory, it is a recent historical fact)

The average Fred Nerk can only change Governments, but not party machine thinking.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What happened in those intervening years to make him turn 180 degrees in thinking, then come full circle and revert back to his original ideas ?
He saw the actual data, which he previously hadn't been able to see?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Strange thing is, candidates with good ideas prior to election end up being Yes men to the powerbrokers behind the public faces.

Exhibit A

v3imagesbin8c443d3e2c665b0577e3d9573ae6c96d-tz2a5n9xjgaupuflcs2.jpg