Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85 Tune

Charged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
i want to run 98 & E85 what do i need and how much would this cost to run two tunes.
I just want to press a button and fill up on E85

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
all u need is the flex sensor (if u dont have one) and enable it and get tuner to fill in the flex areas and ur good to go on one tune

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
all u need is the flex sensor (if u dont have one) and enable it and get tuner to fill in the flex areas and ur good to go on one tune
Pcm flash and sensor for ls3?

Any idea what stock fuel setup is rated for. Ie are the injectors and pump high flow enough for e85?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Pcm flash and sensor for ls3?

Any idea what stock fuel setup is rated for. Ie are the injectors and pump high flow enough for e85?
yep should be just fit sensor and wire in to ecu then enable flex tables and populate, not sure on the ratings but i think the factory flex did have bigger injectors and maby pump, see what your WOT injectors duty cycle is now and add 34% to it and see if ur about 80% total or less ur safe, also good to make sure ur injectors like ethanol as some dont

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I've just had my NA L77 re-tuned for 98 and optimized for E85. It had a noticeable difference in power pre-tune on E85, but now it's even better. Car feels 150kg lighter (in a straight line).
Can't be sure about pump and injectors. Pump did increase for L77, but did they keep it for LS3, not sure. Injectors are a different part number. They probably flow the same though.
OP, sorry I can't help, other than to encourage you to do the mod. IMO, even if you did need a new pump and or injectors, it's a pretty cheap mod in the grand scheme of things.
On a side note, my temperamental (when on E85) fuel pump/sender finally needs replacing as its now throwing codes and affecting the idle big time. Not the first time my mech has done an L77 fuel pump for an E85 customer. I doubt I'll be replacing it with genuine.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
A sea captain once told me that the L77 and possibly L76 have the zl1 pump which is rated for fair bit of flow.