Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E85

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Hi i have a 07 v8 calais with the L98 engine its tuned for 98 fuel . Can i just put E85 in it or does it need parts changed in fuel system ?

A bolt on car needs no changes apart from tune, cammed cars will start to run out of fuel pump/injector

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
if its a series 1 you will need fuel system parts changed and a tune to run it

It won't need fuel system parts changed unless it's got at least a cam then fuel pump and injectors might need upgrading. Tune yes

blasto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE "Sport"wagon
Mate, the servo near me sells E85, today the prices were:
98 was $1.47
E85 was $1.10

if you cant do the maths thats 25% cheaper...which means its virtually the same price given youll use 25-30% more...
check your facts before you comment next time...

You are comparing 98RON with E85, yes?

Dude, maths is something that's superfluous, or "not-going-to-assist" in this instance.

OMFG.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
You are comparing 98RON with E85, yes?

Dude, maths is something that's superfluous, or "not-going-to-assist" in this instance.

OMFG.

Mate I don't get your point and frankly don't know why you keep posting in here.
You originally said this "So for 30% extra cost (allowing for equal price at pump, which it WILL be) you get a staggering 4% increase in power! Top stuff indeed!"
I pointed out to you that in fact E85 is 30% cheaper which means that if you use 30% more then you will be paying the same at the pump and you get a nice little power increase.

Most people get their car tuned to 98 anyway, so I was raising the point that if you have a series 2 (or E85 compatible car), then why not? - this is what we are discussing here.
We do not need someone sarcastically flaming the idea with incorrect assumed facts, please do not comment unless you want to make a sensible contribution.
This actually goes for any post in this forum...

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
you dont use 30% more fuel with E85.. more like 18-20%..

you dont have to change anything in a ve up to 330rwkw NA.. there is enough injector and pump stock..

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Mate I don't get your point and frankly don't know why you keep posting in here.
You originally said this "So for 30% extra cost (allowing for equal price at pump, which it WILL be) you get a staggering 4% increase in power! Top stuff indeed!"
I pointed out to you that in fact E85 is 30% cheaper which means that if you use 30% more then you will be paying the same at the pump and you get a nice little power increase.

Most people get their car tuned to 98 anyway, so I was raising the point that if you have a series 2 (or E85 compatible car), then why not? - this is what we are discussing here.
We do not need someone sarcastically flaming the idea with incorrect assumed facts, please do not comment unless you want to make a sensible contribution.
This actually goes for any post in this forum...

I saw a video on you tube were they tested a Ve V8 commodore on 98 against E85. I think it picked up 5 rwkw or something. The general consensus is for horsepower gain you need to be running high compression , a blower or a turbo. My tuner who tunes ford 4 litre turbos, tuning for E85 sees cars at around 350rwkw go to over 400rwkw. So if you think it with give you a great increase in power on your SS or SV6 commodore your wrong.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
I saw a video on you tube were they tested a Ve V8 commodore on 98 against E85. I think it picked up 5 rwkw or something. The general consensus is for horsepower gain you need to be running high compression , a blower or a turbo. My tuner who tunes ford 4 litre turbos, tuning for E85 sees cars at around 350rwkw go to over 400rwkw. So if you think it with give you a great increase in power on your SS or SV6 commodore your wrong.

did you watch the video in my first post
those guys know their stuff...