Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

e85

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Its a good fuel for max performance engines but for every day use its pretty much useless to much compromises the main one being availability

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Agreed and with price of oil going down, use and availability will probably be less. Will be a point in the future where it all changes again.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Its a good fuel for max performance engines but for every day use its pretty much useless to much compromises the main one being availability

For longer trips I just carry a Jerry or 2, joys of a ute.......

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I suppose if there is limited places to buy it, especially in larger cities, the E85 may be turning over a lot quicker and being pumped to the customer fresher. So lack of availability may be a good thing. Just a thought......For me, the servo that I buy it from has been around for 20 years so I'm guessing its stored in an old tank and is definitely being pumped from an older style bowser to much fewer people. Not sure if that matters or not, where as the 98 I buy is from a servo about a year old, high rates of customers with I'd assume, nice new and clean tanks. However, I personally think be gratefully for lack of availability of E85, although one bowser in every town would be kinda handy.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Just a thought my town has one e85 pump but doubt it gets used often so is e85 like petrol does it go off!
I always go to servos with high amounts of cars going through

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just a thought my town has one e85 pump but doubt it gets used often so is e85 like petrol does it go off!
I always go to servos with high amounts of cars going through

Yeah it goes off about as much as a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with a screwcap or a 750ml of Jack Daniels or the bottle of metho under your sink. Here's another thread.

Actually does a better job with up to 20% water, according to SAE white papers, and better for the environment than the hygroscopic agent we used to put in petrol station tanks that poisoned the water table, so unless is over 25° unsealed there's no issue.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
This...

01933460-5DE1-4B45-B05F-526DF238683B.jpg

$50 saved right there!!

At Manly, Sydney.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
That's pretty cool, you must run your tank right down to empty

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I just purchased my Redline 2 weeks ago and it came with a tune, exhaust and OTR , I thought I'd give the E85 ago but decided to ring the tuner and check if it would be ok and he advised me that it wouldn't be as it was tuned for 98. Is this common? I am old school so I really know sfa about the new cars. Thanks.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
That`s good paid 126.7 Bald Hills Sunday still good