Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eagle leads vs genuine leads

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It makes it difficult to read fast with a capital at the beginning of each word, for me anyway.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I can't believe i actually went to work today. i have missed so much....

Never Ran Quarter Mile In VRII... Have Topped 250kph (Digital Speedo) For Over 10-15 Minutes (Standard Memcal At The Time)... My Ex Can Vouch For That... I Had To Pull Over So She Could Throw Up... :rofl:

Hey Well How Can You Prove Stats, Without A Data Logger In The Car At The Time... Hmmm...?? Answer That...

DING DING DING, the bullshit meter just broke.

can anybody tell me what the speed cut in the standard VR V6 tune is please

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Stop Being A Smart Arse, You Tool... A 2 Stroke Has One Piston That Cycles Twice To Run... The Piston Itself, Can Be Of Different Heights & Diametres, Depending On The Size Of The Engine... (Yes, Half The Size Piston, Compared To Larger 2 Strokes...)

No a two stroke only cycles once.

That is, every downstroke is a power stroke, and every upstroke a compression stroke.

You are not a diesel mechanic
You are not an engineer
You are not autistic

And you do not need to patent a body kit. The only way for someone to reproduce one exactly the same as yours would be to take a mould of your origonal. That alone is enough to stop an exact replica popping up.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
fark, I was told I needed a locker in my diff cause I couldn't drive correctly with a LSD; now I need an open centre to single spin it to reduce friction and get the best times. I may just take out the diff and put it in the bin to reduce any problems it may cause. I hear pedals are good this time of the year! :rofl2: Maybe I just need a 32-stroke diff

talking about all this friction-less technology, where has my frypan gone!

QldKev

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha been gone for hours come home epic thread is still epic nice work guys :D

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Wonder if the blokes who will be "patenting" his rubbish are just sitting back having a big old laugh

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
Learn To Tune Your Vehicles & Get The Most Power Out Of Them... Mechanically & NOT Via ECU's...

Lol, i see tuning as a means of improving the performance of the parts that are already in the car. So lets dive deeper shall we?

A carb 308, there is the mechanical adjustment of the timing via the dizzy, adjust the carbs valves, floats and needles and of course the cars idle. Checking he vacuume hose/s on the auto trans to make sure its getting the right information as when to change gears. And general maintenance to the engines vac hoses to make sure the carb is also getting the right information for fuel mixtures and oils, filters ect.

An ecotec V6, adjust the timing? Thats done through the ecu. Adjusting the floats and needles? Well thats all fuel injected now when it comes to fuel management so thats done through the ecu. Checking the vac hoses for the auto trans? Well, thats done via a signal wire now, run through the ecu. Not too many vac hoses on todays motors either so really TUNING is now done nearly all through the ecus.

When you get into the MECHANICAL side of it if you are reffering to cams, cranks, bearings, pistons, torque converters, clutches, manifolds, extractors, injectors and so on then thats not tuning. Thats upgrading the engines/cars componants, after which a tuning needs to take place to make sure they all work with each other properly to get the most out of eachother.

Now if you were a bonified tuner you would know all this and not make such stupid comments and challenge a respected members tuning knowledge and abilities. Ya wing nut.

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
i can't believe this thread is still going lol entertaining though