Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Early 05 Calais V.s LATE 05/06 Calais

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I’m currently in the market for a VZ Calais, I nearly bought one the other day until the sales guy stuffed me around said the deal was done the car was mine only to ring back 10mins later to say sorry it was bought by someone else, long story he’s a wanker.

Anyway I need some info or a link which says what the differences are between and early 2005 VZ Calais and a later 2005/06 VZ Calais. I know I read something on here before but nothing comes up in the searches. I know at some stage changes did occur that the engines did drop their Kw, did this also apply to the 190 in the Calais? I’m only looking to purchase V6. I know the engine covers changed and the later 190 looked like an early 175. Also was anything else deleted to save money compared to a 04 model? Glove box light or auto dipping mirror comes to mind as things being deleted on later models as i think there was a heated topic on these issues but not 100% sure on it.

Any help would be great as I’m currently going off a 2004 VZ Brochure which I have.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
im guessing youve had a look at this website:

HERE

Not quite sure if it will tell you exactly what your after, but it tells ya some info on what different specs each model is..

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that infor a1k3m1, I will have a read when Im not so tired. Im sure after I have read it I will have some questions to ask.

I’ll just point out the things that I have noticed changed towards an 06 Model. Different engine covers, no more engine badging on the side (V6 Only) the red in the rev limit has disappeared on the cluster. Still not sure on other features, will have to try find a late 05/06 brochure to compare

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Any VZ people out there know if the reverse dipping mirror or any glove box lights get deleted towards the end of the VZ Calais run? Also did the VZ Calais throughout its whole run retain both front power seats?

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Any VZ people out there know if the reverse dipping mirror or any glove box lights get deleted towards the end of the VZ Calais run? Also did the VZ Calais throughout its whole run retain both front power seats?

I can't comment on the Calais personally, but all the changes in your previous post occurred on the VZ Acclaim 2006 (No Red marker on Tachometer etc). The VZ Acclaim 2006 has a hole in the glove-box where the light should have been.

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
I've got a March 05 built VZ Calais and both front seats are power operated, does have the redline red markers with both glove box and centre console lighting... although i have no idea if it has the auto reverse dipping mirrors... how can I find out if I have them or not?... I don't think they move when I engage reverse :s

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
You (or any previous owners - if any) probably haven't programmed them to auto dip when reversing. All you need to do is adjust them whilst in reverse and save it - then ever time you engage reverse it dips the side mirrors.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
I didnt know you could program the mirror to dip as I thought it would happen on its own. I know you can program the door locks to go down when drive is selected and unlock when you remove your key or put it in Park. Well I have seen some with out the redline and think it must be just a MY06 thing. Is there any disadvantage in buying an late 05 early 05 compared to a late 05 model eg after june 05?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
The dipping mirror is activated/deactivated by the 'M' programming button on the driver's seat. Place the car in reverse and press that button. The mirror will dip. Program it to your desired angle and hey presto! Putting the car in P/N/D will deactivate the auto dip, when in reverse it will recall that the dip is activated and the last settings of the angle of it.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I thought the main change in the later VZ V6's was the use of the "AlloyTech" V6 with Active Select Automatic (ie paddle switches on the steering wheel). Anyone else have input?????