Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

early vz ute lowering just a question

Nodsta

Reaction score
gday got a 04 built vz S ute and looking at lowering it. A guy from work got a brand new vz s ute same as mine built 06 and his sits about an 1 and a half inchs lower in the rear and about 1 in the front just wondering if that will effect how low it goes after putting kings on it (pretty sure just going kings low springs but not 100% sure yet). ty

also how much would u expect for it to be lowered

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Won't effect how low it goes... The height of your car is determined by the springs in it. If you put kings low springs in, it should drop to the kings spec height usually measured by the center of your hub to the gaurd or HTG height. (mine actually dropped a little lower)...

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
someone correct me if i am wrong, but kings lows are as low as FE2?. i would (and did) go super lows... it will sit pretty.

i paid 220 for my springs and had a mate do them for me. not sure how much a suspension shop would charge, but my guess is around 400 - 500 for parts and labour. if you do go super lows i would suggest a camber kit too, just incase you have issuse with rear tyres scrubbing out. alot of guys on here say they are not needed and they havent had problems without them but i would rather spend coupla extra bucks now then buy new tyres before i need to.

if you want pics of utes which have been lowered in sure there will be alot of people willing to post pics.

Nodsta

Reaction score
yeh that would be great if i could get a few pics posted up ill try get one of mine up as is without the lowering

post-7493-1154506084415506216.jpg

post-7493-11545060831311994043.jpg
yeh that would be great if i could get a few pics posted up ill try get one of mine up as is without the lowering

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I have just had my SSZ lowered using Pedders sports ryder extreme x shocks and touring springs. It dropped 55 mm in the rear and around 30 mm in the front. I have before and after pics but don't know how to post them. If someone could enlighten me then I would be happy to share.

EDIT: I think I have worked it out....

The total cost was a bit up there compared with what others claim they have spent but I tell you what, the improvement in handling is well worth it.

Before
DSC00908.jpg

After
DSC00998.jpg

Last edited:

Nodsta

Reaction score
Thank you for posting pictures

lowering done i reckon its come up pretty good

post-7493-11545856191548975978.jpg

havoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 SS Ute
Lower VZ Ute

Hi
I had my SS Thunder for 4 months now and have decided to get it lowered and give it its voice back. Got some prices from Pedders and Wholesale Suspensions etc in Sydney. I saw that Walkinshaw Performance are setting up in Sydney in September and wondered if anyone can recommend them or had dealings with them. They have lowered suspension & exhaust pakages for $1550. Thanks for any help.