Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

earth problem. Help

jwex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi Guys.
Have just installed a Power Train reversing camera system with distance sensors from Repco. Box that monitor, camera and sensors plug into is mounted in the boot with 3 power wires coming from it. Black to Earth, Yellow to Reversing Lights power and Red to Power Source.
Disconnected the boot light earth so I wouldn't be wasting power.
Tappped into the boot light line with the Red wire for power to the box, plus yellow to reversing lights and Black to earth.
Connected everything up and the monitor worked perfectly.

Now here's my problem. As soon as I reconnect the boot light earth, the monitor gets no power. Initially I thought that the boot light was drawing all the power but even with the boot light plunger pushed in and the light out, still no monitor power.

Problem is with the boot light. As soon as I earth it, I get the boot light back but no monitor power.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Is driving me slightly crazy.
Thanks
John.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Earth it to the body, the bulb is completing the circut feeding + into the camera earth

jwex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi Ephect. Thanks for the reply. Don't quite know what I have to do. Both the boot light and the camera are earthed to the body already in different places.
If you have the time' could you give me more details please.
Thanks
John