Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easter Nats look out

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
Hey guy's been working day and night getting the mighty VR out for some skids at the Sandown for the Nats..... on this weekend.

The ute is being sponsored by YELLA TERRA with some parts and the entry.....come one and all and have some fun, I will be taking members for a ride if your keen (or silly) so drop a line and see what we can do.

If anybody has some 15 inch cross ply tyres they want to see get smoked bring them along.

We have entered in the drifts, drags and burnouts.....we get to cruise the track and have some fun.

Cheers

Tony

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah like I said mate, i'll be there on the Sunday (only day can get off work), so I might come for a squirt in the work hack. So what parts did Yella Terra sling ya??
AirStrike :air:

T

TUFENUF

yeh im goin all days... Should be good .. ill post the picz i take from all the days on here if use like...

M

Matt H

i was there all 4 days, did anyone see a ronald mcdonald look alike, that was me :D

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
done like a dinner

What a weekend.......started with a canary on the front screen compliments of our friends at Victoria police FORCE. Well pretend ones looking to harase everyone that had a better car than them.

TOO LOW TOOO LOOOOUUD said the gentlemen in the blue suit. Then asked how much power it makes???????? Lets find a back street and I will show you if you like. That's what I would like to have said.

I am a bit upset that the men (so called) were down that way sticking defect notices on guy's that are clearly doing the right thing and paying there money to have fun off street. They would get more respect from MR average for taking care of the rat bags doing it in our local streets.

Three times over the weekend we were pulled over for one reason or another that had nothing to do with driver safety or keeping the road toll in check.
Revinue rasing and nothing else was the objective. Every body should give the local member a call and let them know what our taxes are being wasted on.

Anyway the weekend finished with a 10th place in the burnout finals and the ONLY car to be a daily driver to do so. Commodores rule again.

Cheers

Tony

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How bout a list of the specs on the beast tony, I have some pics as well......

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
Specs

Still under development with the ute at the moment...we have been on and off the dyno 7 or 8 times every time we make a change and go forward with the power.

At this point it is still a stock VT 355 roller cam engine. We have fitted 1.73 street Terra roller rockers and a BBK 80 mm throttle body. We stuck two methanol injectors and the full seprate fuel system in for the meth to keep the supercharger cool....this is on a third computer and is boost controlled with an on off switch for daily driving.

The unichip was fitted last week with a tubo 400 auto to help get the power to the deck...auto took about 25 kw at the rears when fitted. With the ECU and meth injection we gained 65 kw at the rears.

It now has 235 kw at rears and 500 foot pounds of torque. The supercharger is at the limits of air it can shift. It is at 9 pounds of boost and can go to 12 pounds with a smaller pulley. This would push upto 265 kw at rears and 550 foot pounds. Yella Terra are building a new charger that will shift twice as much as this currnet charger with upto 15 pounds of boost. That would make around 350 kw at rears in current form.

Next is a rebuild with new cam, more comp, ported heads and the bigger charger....that should push it over 400 at the rears.

The best thing about using this type of supercharger is the economy....I get 9.5 litres per 100 k's on the highway...that is heaps better than a standard LS1 5.7 V8. They are very good for street use.

Did you have a good day at Sandown mate? Nice pic's.

Cheers

Tony

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah was good. Went abit soft in the drift mate:rice:
Spewing I missed ya in the burnouts, but stretchy sent me a movie of ya efforts (have to host it somewhere) congrats.
Have to come for a stear in the ute soon, was planning on comin for a visit soon.

bfc

Reaction score
Matt H said:
i was there all 4 days, did anyone see a ronald mcdonald look alike, that was me :D
is your mouth better yet???????