Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy and free fix for vz v6 engine miss (faulty ECU)

Discussion in 'VZ Holden Commodore (2004 - 2006)' started by 60HOM, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Sam76

Sam76 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vk 308
    Is this the cylinder layout for a alloytec...

Attached Files:

2. alloytec sludge

alloytec sludge Member

Members Ride:
    vz
  3. shoieb

shoieb New Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore VT 2006
    Hi,
    just wanted to add this works great. but yes the check power train lights stays on. thanks a lot.
    One more thing to add, it's more easy if you cut the cable from the back and connect a copper U (small cable piece is U shape) in the Harness socket.

4. Tplunk

Tplunk New Member

Members Ride:
    Vx commodore
    Hi
    Wondering if you can help , I have a vx 3.8 ecotec in a ford transit took it for airs first run on sat went well for the first 50ks but then started missing no power ect when I finally got home and pulled the plugs out numbers 1 & 3 , left bank and number 2 R/bank had melted would anyone have any ideas why other three plugs perfect

5. Tplunk

Tplunk New Member

Members Ride:
    Vx commodore
    Hi
    Wondering if you can help , I have a vx 3.8 ecotec in a ford transit took it for airs first run on sat went well for the first 50ks but then started missing no power ect when I finally got home and pulled the plugs out numbers 1 & 3 , left bank and number 2 R/bank had melted would anyone have any ideas why other three plugs perfect

6. Gavcan01

Gavcan01 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vz
    So I performed the splice after 2 odd years of procrastinating and persisting with erratic performance. Always cylinder 2 misfire. 300 and 302 codes every time this happened.
    I could manage the vehicle by backing off and or changing down to 3 when the going got tough and revving it out a bit. Then it felt like it would clear out somewhat and run smooth - just right on the edge of throwing the codes again. Mostly noticeable at idle and slowly adding load to the engine in top gear when converter is locked, towing, AC ect.
    Then on the weekend it finally just stayed. Threw the codes and wouldn't go away. Rough idle all the time very erratic all pointing to cyl 2.
    Performed the splice to cylinder 2 to cyl 1 and took a little while to clear out and begin running smoothly and idling smooth but definite improvements. But the powertrain error and engine light wont go away. I have cleared the code and it disappears but comes on next engine start. Has anyone had this after a splice or could it be another issue?
    Also drove around for a bit with my diag tool connected to laptop and notice o2 sensors on each bank a little strange. I would have thought they would read fairly similar but bank 1 is reading around .83 volts and bank 2 less than .1 at idle. Pic attached if anyone has any ideas.
    If anyone would like to see data of any other sensor to help diagnose (if you can be bothered) let me know.
    Anyway apart from the powertrain light the car seems to be running heaps better thanks for the help so far.

Edit - have already changed the plugs and coils before doing the splice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  7. R.p

R.p New Member

Members Ride:
    Vz exc commodore 04
    Good day all
    Gonna be trying this as my thing has nothing to injector 1 do you think it would work as it keeps throwing the power train issue

8. myxr8

myxr8 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz 3.6
    can someone tell me what coulor wire are on injector 3 & 2 please