Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy and free fix for vz v6 engine miss (faulty ECU)

Ronnyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Well done 60HOM

Hi everyone, this is my first post after following the site for awhile because my vz v6 developed a miss. Long story short it end up being a short in
No.6 INJ circuit, it was going to cost me $900+ for the ecu and $200+ to configure it :/

Being a mechanic myself I looked into it and found all I had to do was use one of the other INJ circuits to earth No.6 INJ, after splicing into INJ No.5
the miss disappeared :) with trouble free driving sence. So if anyone else out there has the same problem and wants to save $1000+ then replay on this post and ill detail how the carry the fix out, only takes about 15mins.

Cheers

Thank a million 60HOM 2004 sv6 spliced injector 4 into 3 runs perfect

raksau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Wagon / VR 94 S-Pack / VZ 6Ltr Thunder Ute
Legendary, thankyou 60OHM for this just saved me buying a new ECU :)
Easy to follow guide and fixed the problem!
Thanks again!

Gavcan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Hi guys I've been looking everywhere researching this issue with the misfire.
Before attempting this fix did you get any error codes? I mean is there a code that tells us this injector is the problem? This is my next step after replacing and diagnosing with spare coil packs and new plugs.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi guys I've been looking everywhere researching this issue with the misfire.
Before attempting this fix did you get any error codes? I mean is there a code that tells us this injector is the problem? This is my next step after replacing and diagnosing with spare coil packs and new plugs.
Thanks.
just check powertrain and engine missing all the time

Nette80

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006
I've had misfire on coil 1,3 and malfunction primary/secondary ignition coil a,c,e. All left hand bank of engine.
Cleaned out cam sensors and swapped to other side but same error codes keep coming up, so changed out crank angle. No driving symptoms but power train light still intermittently coming on...
Any ideas?

chrisjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz alloytec
Hi everyone, this is my first post after following the site for awhile because my vz v6 developed a miss. Long story short it end up being a short in
No.6 INJ circuit, it was going to cost me $900+ for the ecu and $200+ to configure it :/

Being a mechanic myself I looked into it and found all I had to do was use one of the other INJ circuits to earth No.6 INJ, after splicing into INJ No.5
the miss disappeared :) with trouble free driving sence. So if anyone else out there has the same problem and wants to save $1000+ then replay on this post and ill detail how the carry the fix out, only takes about 15mins.

Cheers

Cheers
Hi are you still answering questions about how to do this ?

chrisjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz alloytec

Cheers
Thanks for the information works great

kelly morse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore ute

Cheers
Hey mate you might be able to help me as soon my vz gets over quarter on temperature gauge it starts missing and feels like it's going to die any ideas I'd appreciate pissing me off cheers mate

Naft68

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Crewman Ute

Cheers
Oh hell yes please mine is on the number 2 injector. mine is a manual though so will this still work everyone is telling me $1000 plus as well

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6

Cheers

I have similer problem. My VZ has developed a miss in cylinder 1. Removing connector in cylinder 1 makes no change. seems like not enough power supply is reaching or ECU is not sending signals. BTW how can I check whether the short is in Injector circuit or is it in ignition coil circuit?