Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy and free fix for vz v6 engine miss (faulty ECU)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You could try swapping the injectors around and see if the problem is the injector or the circuit.

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6
My ECU not sending signals to injector 1. no pulse detected... Mechanic has suggested to replace ECU. I want to try suggestion in this post.
Which one will be best option to take output?

Thanks and in advance guys!

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6
You could try swapping the injectors around and see if the problem is the injector or the circuit.

I tested the fuel injector and wring then swapped fuel injector in cylinder 6 with cylinder 1. Cylinder 1 was still misfiring and it was confirmed that ECU is not sending signals to fuel injector properly. I disconnected wire of fuel injector 1 and gave it supply from wire between ECU and cylinder 6. Car is not misfiring anymore and running almost smooth. However "Check Powertrain" message is still displayed. Torque also detected "MID $90 TID $02 Rich to lean sensor threshold voltage(constant)"

Mario

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Executive
Hi everyone, this is my first post after following the site for awhile because my vz v6 developed a miss. Long story short it end up being a short in
No.6 INJ circuit, it was going to cost me $900+ for the ecu and $200+ to configure it :/

Being a mechanic myself I looked into it and found all I had to do was use one of the other INJ circuits to earth No.6 INJ, after splicing into INJ No.5
the miss disappeared :) with trouble free driving sence. So if anyone else out there has the same problem and wants to save $1000+ then replay on this post and ill detail how the carry the fix out, only takes about 15mins.

Cheers
I'm not a mechanic but do
Hi everyone, this is my first post after following the site for awhile because my vz v6 developed a miss. Long story short it end up being a short in
No.6 INJ circuit, it was going to cost me $900+ for the ecu and $200+ to configure it :/

Being a mechanic myself I looked into it and found all I had to do was use one of the other INJ circuits to earth No.6 INJ, after splicing into INJ No.5
the miss disappeared :) with trouble free driving sence. So if anyone else out there has the same problem and wants to save $1000+ then replay on this post and ill detail how the carry the fix out, only takes about 15mins.

Cheers
1 of the coils practically melted, would you suggest I could replace the coils and harness even though I'm by no means a mechanic

DUNCAN GILLESPIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have fault code p0201 how would I locate that cylinder? Apparently this fault code is for the injector.

Attachments

• 15127907848251642949625.jpg
    15127907848251642949625.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 745

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    735.4 KB · Views: 870

Rebel Sandwich

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Caprice LS - V6
Left hand side, first. see attached image.
I have P0203 Cylinder 3 Injector Control Circuit. I replaced swapped the coil and the injector with cylinder 5 but the miss stays in Cylinder 3. I'm sure it's the ecu at fault. I want to try the method posted by op, but I'm now sure how to do it.

I understand the wires I have to bridge is basically the ground on the main harness, in the image I attached below, can you tell me how you bridged it? I would appreciate it a lot.

Also you mentioned that the "Check Powertrain" message didn't disappear, did you get a workaround that yet?

(In the image attached I bridged 1 to 3, with fault in injector 1, just for the sake of example)

Attachments

• Injector Splice Example.png
    Injector Splice Example.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,038

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6
I have P0203 Cylinder 3 Injector Control Circuit. I replaced swapped the coil and the injector with cylinder 5 but the miss stays in Cylinder 3. I'm sure it's the ecu at fault. I want to try the method posted by op, but I'm now sure how to do it.

I understand the wires I have to bridge is basically the ground on the main harness, in the image I attached below, can you tell me how you bridged it? I would appreciate it a lot.

Also you mentioned that the "Check Powertrain" message didn't disappear, did you get a workaround that yet?

(In the image attached I bridged 1 to 3, with fault in injector 1, just for the sake of example)

My cylinder one had misfire and I disconnected wire from pin A63 ECU and bridged it with A64 (going to injector of cylinder 6). Image A of your examples best describes the schema. No, Check Powertrain" message still pops up as soon as I fire up engine.

Attachments

• ECU2Injectors.png
    ECU2Injectors.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 557

Rebel Sandwich

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Caprice LS - V6
My cylinder one had misfire and I disconnected wire from pin A63 ECU and bridged it with A64 (going to injector of cylinder 6). Image A of your examples best describes the schema. No, Check Powertrain" message still pops up as soon as I fire up engine.

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry for not labeling the diagram properly, the box with numbers was supposed to be the plug going to the injectors. Haha! But I understand now and will give it a try. I'll see if I get rid of the check powertrain error.

SinghG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ6
Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry for not labeling the diagram properly, the box with numbers was supposed to be the plug going to the injectors. Haha! But I understand now and will give it a try. I'll see if I get rid of the check powertrain error.

All the best, let me know the result :)