Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy OEM VE Front Dash 12V Socket Install (Alternative to Cigarette Lighter purchase)

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Prices

I bought the front and rear smokers pack from the local Holden dealer a year and a half ago. Cost was $104, so the Ebay price seems steep.

I was pleased to find that the Series 1 kit fitted straight into my Series 2 when I upgraded.

bigcheesoli

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
Hi Guys. Just hashing up my own 12v/USB port to hook up to the front plug. Can someone tell me which colored wires to use? I am assuming the black one is ground, but should I use the white or the brown/yellow wire for 12v? (I don't have a volt-meter to figure it out). Cheers.

libra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
I would like to get one of these having problems, can any tell me where it can be purchased from ? Thanks

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Hello,
Is that possible to permanent more than one accessory to that 12v terminal (each one having their own swich)? if so can i run two or more stuffs at the same time? eg interior lighting and charging ipod etc...

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just splice into the wires behind the sig lighter and ad whatever you want.

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Thanks BigBoss...Also Which wires is positive and negative? I read your previous threads about the fog lights intallation too. I am going to wire mine this week. I am just waiting on the wiring loom which i ordered on ebay. I will take power from that 12v socket. Do you think that will be ok?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
From memory the brown wire is + and the black is -, are you talking about powering your fog lights from the sig lighter? if so I would suggest you dont do that as they would pull to much current.

devonuto

Reaction score
Members Ride
devonuto
Can't find one of these things anywhere. Does anyone have a link to a site where you can get them? Nothing on eBay as far as I can see.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I have emailed a store in the US to see if they can supply, have given link to forum so they have pics, lets see!!