Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy OEM VE Front Dash 12V Socket Install (Alternative to Cigarette Lighter purchase)

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Has anyone got one of these 12v sockets from the US, I went to Holden the part number wasnt on their system.

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline 2014
Bought this from Ebay, Aussie sellers $10-$15 price and China $5-$10... Small compact put it in between my Hand brake and have Ipod,and two phone charges running at the same time.Lights up blue and looks great at night...Usb port also comes in handy.....Just a thought for those not too electrically savvy,plug and play...

$_3.JPG

$_3.JPG

AdsSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heron White VE SSV Ute Man

Hi there. I was able to source one of these 12volt sockets after sending heaps of emails to sellers on fleabay.

The guy in the US still has two more from wrecked G8s. I paid $50 for the Compartment and $35 tracked postage and it arrived in 8 days. I fitted it this afternoon and it was easy but as stated earlier by (nils7) both plugs are male and need to be mated with spade joiners.

If you guys want one shoot him an email. The Ebay seller is way2lo2 . Good luck
PS: Hope the pics come out as this is my first time posting.

triple guages 007.jpgtriple guages 008.jpg

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Hi there. I was able to source one of these 12volt sockets after sending heaps of emails to sellers on fleabay.

The guy in the US still has two more from wrecked G8s. I paid $50 for the Compartment and $35 tracked postage and it arrived in 8 days. I fitted it this afternoon and it was easy but as stated earlier by (nils7) both plugs are male and need to be mated with spade joiners.

If you guys want one shoot him an email. The Ebay seller is way2lo2 . Good luck
PS: Hope the pics come out as this is my first time posting.

View attachment 170749View attachment 170750

AdsSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heron White VE SSV Ute Man
I dont think so and cant check as mines a ute.

mickyd1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan M6
If any one is still looking for the pontiac part, the part number has superseded from 92206136 to 92206138 and is available from you holden dealer for I'm guessing about $60 (I work at one and it cost me $40)

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
If any one is still looking for the pontiac part, the part number has superseded from 92206136 to 92206138 and is available from you holden dealer for I'm guessing about $60 (I work at one and it cost me $40)

Thanks for that, just ordered one, bit of a hassle explaining just what it is but I got there.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6

I ordered mine from Holden's using the second part no, about $40, make sure you tell them its an export part as they will not find it, they sent mine from Melbourne stores, install took 15 mins, since I had already used the connection for gauges it just connected to what I had, the plug that's on the part wont fit the cig connection because it is only 2 pin, cig is 3 pin, just make up 2 tails about 100mm long with 3mm wire and blue female connectors each end and plug together, very easy,

Attachments

• 20151125_151012.jpg
    20151125_151012.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 695

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Put mine on yesterday, took a bit longer than you but got there in the end, only part I didn't like was the noises coming from the plastic trim piece around the gear stick, as I removed it . Good idea on the tails, I just cut the 2 pin plug off and put blue connectors on the ends. Also make sure the Blue connectors can't touch inside the 3 way plug of the cigeratte adapter, I just used a bit of shrink tube on one the the blue connectors, missus would not be impressed if sparks started coming out of the console..... lol

WogGeek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S1
Hey guys how do I remove the power socket in my ve center console?? The pictures in the thread are not working??